LB7 Intake Heater

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
The one from Dmax lover are nice and shallow

you could use a metric oil pan plug....and even kick it up a notch and tap it for boost sensor

IIRC it is a 22mm x 1.5

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
The one from Dmax lover are nice and shallow

you could use a metric oil pan plug....and even kick it up a notch and tap it for boost sensor

IIRC it is a 22mm x 1.5

DAMN.... I know a 1" wrench fits it perfect and I have been looking for a 1" plug and now you have ruined my plans Simon. Cat has nothing that is metric. If i ever meet a CAT engineer i am going to slap him for not using duramax friendly parts

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
I made one on a lathe 21.83mmX16tpi makes a good nitrous port or boost pick up. take the wire all the way off so there is no shorting

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
i just hacked my intake heater all up....Cut off the heater element and than cut off the stud for the wire...Works great:D

dmaxlover

Mar 17, 2007
WI
I am completely sold out of the plugs. I can get you guys the thread size this week if some of you want it.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
thats good one there :D
iirc last i heard kennedy sold the modded plug with a 1/8" ot 1/4" npt fitting

Kennedys-Intake heater plug-Duramax
Simple billet aluminum plug installs in place of the intake heater. Drilled and tapped 1/16" NPT to accept a dry type nitrous nozzle. If you do not want nitrous nozzle, hole can be drilled to 1/8" NPT and plugged. In the future, I should also have solid units available. Picture coming soon. $25

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
couldent we just make a spacer the same size as the grid heater and replace the whole unit with tht ?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
couldent we just make a spacer the same size as the grid heater and replace the whole unit with tht ?

Tommy the grid heater your truck is completly different than the lb7s
lb7 is a coil where is yours the grid style as you know

I do think you could make a spacer the same thickness as the grid in your trucks and even tap it for a boost gauge or other stuff

dmaxlover

Mar 17, 2007
WI

I do think you could make a spacer the same thickness as the grid in your trucks and even tap it for a boost gauge or other stuff

Exactly. I completely agree.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal

Learn something new every day :) I asumed they where the same type of set up. I havent seen a Lb7 one but wich one do you think is more restrictive, Lb7 or lbz lmm style. how much do you think this coud make in gains if any?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Learn something new every day :) I asumed they where the same type of set up. I havent seen a Lb7 one but wich one do you think is more restrictive, Lb7 or lbz lmm style. how much do you think this coud make in gains if any?

well for one the lbz+ have the bigger intake riser allready so...

basically IMO they both suck:D Ill try and remeber to get a pic for ya Tommy

Strange that the LLY never had one