Intermittent Fuel knock

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Yes I have looked the wiring over at the ficm and the injectors... I will pull it all loose again and see about getting the updated harness for 2 and 7.

I didn't mean to imply that the hosing the engine down with water would guarantee that the harness didn't have a short... It was just something besides looking over the harness that I had tried.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yes I have looked the wiring over at the ficm and the injectors... I will pull it all loose again and see about getting the updated harness for 2 and 7.

I didn't mean to imply that the hosing the engine down with water would guarantee that the harness didn't have a short... It was just something besides looking over the harness that I had tried.

all good, id just really look over this thing for something electrical. it sure sounds that way.

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
I would agree to start by putting the 2/7 injector harness and see if that fixes the problem. If not when send the injectors out for testing.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
EUREKA MOTHER F*CKER I found it:happy2::happy2::happy2:

So lets go over how I found this stubborn mofo...

1. Ice picked all injector connectors one at time...
2. Pulled wiring all loose and couldn't find anything...
3. Re-check reluctor wheel, throw a 3rd crank sensor in I had spare...
4. Replace each injector one at time out of my spare engine...
5. Relocate Ficm to top of rad shroud to get it out of the way of #1 and to double check ficm wiring again...
6. Took wiring all apart in fuse/ecm bay. Noticed when I stalled the engine I could get it to knock almost on que... Started jerking on the harness that runs down across the front of the engine by the power steering pump, engine started knocking and almost died. Followed wiring around to the right front Double checked the 2 14mm frame grounds, tight... Noticed I had over looked a ground directly under those two that was behind my block heater harness, F*ck Me it's loose:thumb: Tightened it up and no more Knock:rolleyes:

I am one happy dude I went and did victory burnouts and rolled coal:thumb:

So check your grounds three times if that's what it takes...

Last edited: