I'm Really Curious as to What You Guys Think of This Video

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
we didnt get that much time. mom took care of shit when pops was at work :eek: lol

Around our house, not only did mom take care of business while he was at work. We got it again when Dad got home. Talk about double jeopardy. Brought that up to them as well. Got my butt busted twice for it. lol

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
My Dad would have simply whooped me with a belt if I lipped off to him like that. My kids know not to lip off like that to Roni and I as they'll get something similar. Oh, they try to, but it just gets them in more hot water with us. Yeah, Im oldschool.
Kids nowadays have no idea what "Wait til your father gets home" really means.

Kids already have their friends. What they need is to learn structure, limits and discipline from their parents.
I agree! I have a 12 year old and a 6 year old, both boys. They say yes sir and thank you. I am very strict on them and they love me for it. It kills me to hear people say they dont want to be hard on there children because they want them to love them. I get hugs from my boys every day, most days they run out of the house and grab me as I'm getting out of my truck when I get home from work. If you dont believe in being hard on your children, dont be. They will spit in your face when they turn 18!

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Classic Trailer Park .com ! Since when is it ok to air and discipline your child and look for public approval ? To air your personal matters to the world is disgraceful . Not only does he look like a douche bag but now his kid has to go to school and deal with it! Good job DAD ! I feel for his frustration but they do need help .

What does he think his lesson is that violence will get her to respect what she is given and respect her peers ? More fuel to the fire of the blame game of I'm screwed up because I come from a broken family bullshit!

He should have just deleted the comment explained why he did so whether it sunk in or not grounded her or what ever his discipline. Method is and pulled the plug on Internet service . Not post some bullshit on the Internet IMO which is exactly what she did. At forty years old you would think he wouldn't try and one up a sixteen year old that like most sixteen year olds or some that you couldn't beat common sense into them ! They believe they know it all and have it all figured out at sixteen trying to prove they aren't a kid anymore which is far from actual reality.

I wonder if the social worker at school or other individuals will get involved now. This guy may get more attention then he. Wants.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Guess I'm old school too, if this is real then he has way more problems then just a facebook entry. Still a big believer in corporal punishment, both at home and at school. Whatever happened to making the kid go and cut the switch he/she was going to get a few strokes across the butt with?:confused:

AdaMax

Nov 26, 2010
Caldwell , Oh
I am totally with this guy on what he has done . I probably wouldn't have made the video , but thats me . As far as the few comments about " its illegal to hire someone thats under 16 " thats not true its illegal to hire and work them over something like 16 or 20 hours a week . I see no problem with corporal punishment . There is a difference in a spanking and a beating my son gets spanked , but when I pull in the driveway when I get home he runs to the door with a big smile and tells me about his day .

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
we didnt get that much time. mom took care of shit when pops was at work :eek: lol

Oh, I know that. My Mom only used that line for "serious" offenses. Otherwise, she took care of business. She wasnt known as MOM in our neighborhood for nothing. When you have 4 boys in 4 years, you tend to go through a lot of paddles....not to mention yardsticks, rulers, tree branches, etc. :rofl: We boys found out that Hot Wheels track was really dangerous to our backsides. That shit acted like a whip.

Its funny, but my parents are 79 and 75 now, and even though we have our differing opinions on things (you should hear my Dad and I talk politics!), I just cant imagine purposely disrespecting them like in that video. I just have too much respect for them and for how they raised 6 kids. We all turned out ok in the end. That's all Roni and I hope for with our 2 kids.

Guess I'm old school too, if this is real then he has way more problems then just a facebook entry. Still a big believer in corporal punishment, both at home and at school. Whatever happened to making the kid go and cut the switch he/she was going to get a few strokes across the butt with?:confused:

We had to do that sometimes. My brother Jeff (the smart-ass one of us) once came back dragging a 10ft long, 4inch diameter branch, leaves and all. That was a big mistake...just made my Dad even more mad. That was legendary.

I think most everyone over the age of 40 has similar stories. It was a different time. Damn Liberals and Dr Spock screwed everything up.

Last edited:

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
I understand that the daughter was ungrateful and was immature to whine about it on Facebook. But I don't see where he's in the right either. I understand that he needed to put a stop to it, but posting a video of you shooting her laptop with "yer.. 45" is just as childish if not worse than what she done.

You're 30-40 years old act your age and be the mature one in the situation. You just made yourself look just as immature as her and I'm sure the "other" parents on Facebook would agree. Could you have not just take the laptop away and gave her a whipping and ground her? Nope instead you chose to do the "high schooler" option of embarrassing her on the WORLD WIDE WEB.

What makes it even MORE ironic is that he's whining about paying for "upgrading" the laptop and then makes the decision to pop a few rounds into the laptop...wtf...well your money was well spent.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y

politicians and lawers :( Sometimes kids deserve a swift kick in the a$$ to set them strait, I know I sure as hell did when I was growing up and I deserved it too... Now days you better not raise your voice to loud in public or some busy body might just call CPS on you...

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Not so sure shooting the computer was a wise idea, surprised he didn't get a visit from the cops as it looked like a neighborhood of sorts. Think I'd would have cleared it of all data and programs and made her take it to the welfare store and donate it. Then I'd made her made a video and apologize to her parents and tell everyone what a stupid and childish thing she did and post that on her face book page. Never had to deal with face book but doubt if I would have let my kids have a page on there. Way too much information available to weirdos etc.

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
Still a big believer in corporal punishment, both at home and at school.
my second grade teacher had a ruler in her desk. only one kid (not me ;)) got hit with it. she whacked him on the back of the hand a few times.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Not so sure shooting the computer was a wise idea, surprised he didn't get a visit from the cops as it looked like a neighborhood of sorts. Think I'd would have cleared it of all data and programs and made her take it to the welfare store and donate it. Then I'd made her made a video and apologize to her parents and tell everyone what a stupid and childish thing she did and post that on her face book page. Never had to deal with face book but doubt if I would have let my kids have a page on there. Way too much information available to weirdos etc.

Exactly. That would have been the mature thing to do,something he wasn't going for. I too am very surprised no one else has got involved or is going to get involved . Well we haven't heard anyway.

My parents didn't have to deal with it but I had to with my kid. Luckily for me it was very easy to convince my daughter how it isn't safe and how dumb it is to post your personal life on the web. She has seen stuff and cannot believe some people .

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Actually from what I read, the local police were called and they supposedly said that they would have done the same thing and congradulated him.

Nick

Seriously? Where does he reside? Around here he'd be in cuffs the DCYS be all over him,Social workers and the media to name a few.

Must be Texas they get away with everything! :D

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Classic Trailer Park .com ! Since when is it ok to air and discipline your child and look for public approval ? To air your personal matters to the world is disgraceful . Not only does he look like a douche bag but now his kid has to go to school and deal with it! Good job DAD ! I feel for his frustration but they do need help .

What does he think his lesson is that violence will get her to respect what she is given and respect her peers ? More fuel to the fire of the blame game of I'm screwed up because I come from a broken family bullshit!

He should have just deleted the comment explained why he did so whether it sunk in or not grounded her or what ever his discipline. Method is and pulled the plug on Internet service . Not post some bullshit on the Internet IMO which is exactly what she did. At forty years old you would think he wouldn't try and one up a sixteen year old that like most sixteen year olds or some that you couldn't beat common sense into them ! They believe they know it all and have it all figured out at sixteen trying to prove they aren't a kid anymore which is far from actual reality.

I wonder if the social worker at school or other individuals will get involved now. This guy may get more attention then he. Wants.

x2!

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Yes no disrespect meant. Maybe I'm jealous! Just seems that there is a different quality of life in the south then compared to us up her in the North East where everybody is in every bodies business along with authority figures needling in!

Seems to me that it's more relaxed and not over governed in rural areas in southern states including Texas where it seems the peoples voices are heard louder and clearer as far as laws and government goes.

IMO if that would have happened up here in CT things would be a lot different. In other words this guy would be out on bail,guns confiscated,court forced psychological evaluations, and possibly the kid put into a foster home until the court decided it was a safe living situation.

I'm serious its messed up