LLY: HELP Limp mode after egr delete

hetzler_l33

Jan 4, 2017
The great Tuscaloosa, Alabama
I've heard that if the EGR valve is stuck open or blocked and then you put a blocker plate or delete on, the truck is still going to think the EGR is malfunctioning regardless of what tune you flash on it.

Try cleaning the valve and make sure it works then reinstall with stock tune. See if that clears the codes and limp mode then you can do the delete and tune with no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

henery97

Apr 4, 2011
Nebraska
When you tuned it you set the DTC processing enablers for the egr codes to --Not Reported and it is still throwing the same codes??

henery97

Apr 4, 2011
Nebraska
I've heard that if the EGR valve is stuck open or blocked and then you put a blocker plate or delete on, the truck is still going to think the EGR is malfunctioning regardless of what tune you flash on it.

Try cleaning the valve and make sure it works then reinstall with stock tune. See if that clears the codes and limp mode then you can do the delete and tune with no problem

If the codes for the egr are disabled in the tune it doesn't care what the egr is or isnt doing.

hetzler_l33

Jan 4, 2017
The great Tuscaloosa, Alabama
If the codes for the egr are disabled in the tune it doesn't care what the egr is or isnt doing.

But if he was having the codes before he did the delete then it will throw it into limp, just like it did once they installed the EGR delete. It won't take it out of limp until he cleans it and reinstalls with stock tune so the truck can see it's alright.

Plus it's worth a shot, so why not?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Thanks. Troll.

Your asshole was designed to do the shitting when you were born but it doesn't seem to be stopping your mouth from doing it either.

Lol
X2
Beat it troll. Your on the wrong forum for that kind of pisspoor grammar alone nevermind the bs you're spewing.

1972chevy

Apr 21, 2013
So the truck had no codes before the delete. I did set the DTC enablers for the egr system to not reported. With the tune in it the truck didn't throw any codes but was still in a limp. The fact that it went into the limp only after the delete makes me think the owner made a mistake when he installed it. I'm just hoping to point him in the right direction to find his issue.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
It's kind of hard to screwed up a delete.
Unless he unplugged something else by accident or tore a wire out or something.
Sounds like something got missed. Even if you ran a stock tune it should code but not limp the truck I wouldn't think. Maybe try a stock tune and see what happens.

1972chevy

Apr 21, 2013
No real update. The guy brought the truck to a "mechanic" who said it is a headgasket so I think he is going through with that. Doesn't explain the limp but it could very well be on its way out. so I don't know. My best guess is he forgot to hook up a sensor or something silly like that.