LLY: HELP Limp mode after egr delete

1972chevy

Apr 21, 2013
I am trying to help out a friend of mine. His EGR cooler started leaking so he installed a sinister diesel EGR delete kit. The truck threw the usual EGR codes and went into a fuel limp (wont go over 2000rpm). I efi live tuned the truck shutting off the EGR codes hoping that would help but the truck was still in a limp with no codes. Has anyone had a similar issue or have any ideas what could be going on?

1972chevy

Apr 21, 2013
I disabled the egr, set the egm max/min temp and rpm perimeters to the mins/maxs and shut off the egr mils. It threw an egr closed performance code, another egr code I cant exactly recall off the top of my head and the owner said it threw a turbo under boost code that he cleared before I got to the truck but I was not able to get that code to come up again.

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
Friend of mine had issues like that. I think he ended up leaving the EGR on and the set the min/max tables so it wouldn't call for EGR function. I'll ask him tomorrow what he did to remedy the issue

johnnygibs2

Mar 23, 2017
It's because u tune ur engine and now this is why ur having these problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnnygibs2

Mar 23, 2017
It's basically come down to this these engine are designed to handle a certain amount of pressure,psi ,torque and a tune allows u too bye pass that end give it more

johnnygibs2

Mar 23, 2017
And wen u put a tuner on it it's not under warranty because of the mod u put on ur engine

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
It's basically come down to this these engine are designed to handle a certain amount of pressure,psi ,torque and a tune allows u too bye pass that end give it more

And wen u put a tuner on it it's not under warranty because of the mod u put on ur engine

It's because u tune ur engine and now this is why ur having these problems

Thanks. Troll.

Your asshole was designed to do the shitting when you were born but it doesn't seem to be stopping your mouth from doing it either.

johnnygibs2

Mar 23, 2017
That the Reality of wha happens when u tune the problems are never going to end

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
To the OP have you tried un doing both batteries and letting it sit for about 30 mins and then plugging them back up and see what happens?

1972chevy

Apr 21, 2013
Apparently when your good for nothing you have to go around being an a** on the internet. Any way Thanks Robby. Be nice to hear what he did. I tried hooking the egr valve back up but still nothing. The truck was in a limp before I tuned it and went into the limp as soon as this guy started it after he installed his egr delete. I'm thinking it was something he missed or did on install of the delete. Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think a truck with stock tuning will go into a limp just from an egr delete. Haven't tried unhooking the batteries but I cleared all the codes and flashed multiple tunes into the truck with no luck.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
You need to put a stock tune back in it and see what it's throwing for codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1972chevy

Apr 21, 2013
I did. All it threw was an egr closed performance code and I'm pretty sure the other one was an egr valve open circuit code

johnnygibs2

Mar 23, 2017
Why don't u take the egr value out and look at the passageway to check for any blockages and clean ur intake too . And check if there carbon on the value

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I did. All it threw was an egr closed performance code and I'm pretty sure the other one was an egr valve open circuit code

I've never seen an LLY in limp mode from EGR.

Very odd.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Why don't u take the egr value out and look at the passageway to check for any blockages and clean ur intake too . And check if there carbon on the value

It's been deleted dumbshit. Learn to read. And maybe to spell while your at it.

Better yet, lets play hide and seek, I'll hide, you count to a trillion and come find me.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Depends on the brand u got the delete from

Why are you here?

You can't read, you can't spell and you damn sure don't like tuning/performance. This forum is not for you. I suggest you take your bs ideals elsewhere