Help...duramax forum was no help...

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
There are 2 kinds of exhaust noise. Exhaust hitting metal, and exhaust leak. The engine shakes and moves when running, so it can affect different RPM ranges.

But if it makes noise when you shut it off, the flexplate sounds plausible as well. Exhaust is more common, but flexplate issues aren't unknown.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
The Pilot Injection rattle occurs when you hit ~77? mph. It is caused by the pilot injection shutting off at a certain RPM due to limitation of the injector drive electronics.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
There is an observation plate? but not sure what you can see in there.

I'm still thinking it sounds like exhaust. My last one was a damaged (uh, yeah, damaged... :lildevil:) riser pipe hitting the firewall and sounded like that. Another time it was a stripped out upper riser pipe that was leaking.

dmaxx01

May 28, 2011
parkland florida
also i will add that yesterday i put the truck in reverse and the box around the R started flashing....let my foot off brake and truck didn't move. shifted it into drive and then back into reverse. it clanked and went into reverse

dmaxx01

May 28, 2011
parkland florida
also i will add that yesterday i put the truck in reverse and the box around the R started flashing....let my foot off brake and truck didn't move. shifted it into drive and then back into reverse. it clanked and went into reverse

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Def check out that flywheel and or TC bolts. I had a race car do this, the TC bolts were loose. Tightened then down and it was good to go. Like pat said there r inspection plate(s).

dmaxx01

May 28, 2011
parkland florida
thanks you guys! sorry for all the threads :) this is my work truck. without it i can't work. i'm just tryin to get to the bottom of this so i can fix the truck and feed the family :)