Info: DPC 2012: Update Thread

Jwarren

May 13, 2012
Here's the way I see it:

Look through the diesel power mag, see how many ads furds has in there, furd was probably like " who's junk do we gotta suck to make ford win" obviously they sucked the right ones! They don't allow spectators because any blind fool would be able to tell that this crap competition is a joke! ...... Reminds me of Mexico, all corrupt and what not!!!

Anyways.....:hug:

You got to be on crack if you think this was rigged in any way. Gro a set and deal with reality.

From my smart car.

HotRodTractor

Ford Driver
Nov 29, 2009
You are an idiot. :roflmao:

I'm with you on this one Mike. :rofl: The 6.0 is the reason I bought a Dmax - even a Ford guy like me had to look at all my options and choose a more reliable platform. VERY glad I bought a Dmax instead of a 6.0.

Jwarren

May 13, 2012
I'm with you on this one Mike. :rofl: The 6.0 is the reason I bought a Dmax - even a Ford guy like me had to look at all my options and choose a more reliable platform. VERY glad I bought a Dmax instead of a 6.0.

Aside from heui injection whats so different about a 6.4l ? You gave up on the 7.3 aye?

From my smart car.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Most guys just go by hear say. I know how easy it is to make power with a 6.0 at a low cost. 6.0 has been great for me. 700+ on #2

From my smart car.

And all the 6.0 powered Fords out there concur? I see them breaking records on a weekly basis, not. I work on these turds and thank God I didn't buy one. ( almost did ) However I do believe you and your power. I have also run accross turds that emitted no oder; but it was rare. :D

HotRodTractor

Ford Driver
Nov 29, 2009
Aside from heui injection whats so different about a 6.4l ? You gave up on the 7.3 aye?

From my smart car.

The CR injection is a HUGE difference - there is plenty of evidence that repeatedly shows that the HEUI system is the sole think that keeps the 7.3 and the 6.0 from competing in the high powered horsepower game.

Who said I gave up on the 7.3? I still play with them and will continue to spend my time and money working the kinks out of the HEUI system on that motor for my project truck. I've spent WAY more than I care to admit on research and development to build a 1K fuel only rwhp truck. When I was pulling with my red truck it was putting out about 230cc in 2ms - right now I'm over 450cc in the same time frame - and continue to work on not only increasing the quantity, but the quality of the injection event. There is a TON that can be learned from both mechanical and CR injection systems that can be used to improve the HEUI system.

Jwarren

May 13, 2012
The CR injection is a HUGE difference - there is plenty of evidence that repeatedly shows that the HEUI system is the sole think that keeps the 7.3 and the 6.0 from competing in the high powered horsepower game.

Who said I gave up on the 7.3? I still play with them and will continue to spend my time and money working the kinks out of the HEUI system on that motor for my project truck. I've spent WAY more than I care to admit on research and development to build a 1K fuel only rwhp truck. When I was pulling with my red truck it was putting out about 230cc in 2ms - right now I'm over 450cc in the same time frame - and continue to work on not only increasing the quantity, but the quality of the injection event. There is a TON that can be learned from both mechanical and CR injection systems that can be used to improve the HEUI system.

I think the 7.3l could compete better if it had a hpo system and injectors like a 6.0l. Better efficiency at high rpms. Good hybrid injectors with a good hpo system a 6.0l can run right with the 6.4l

From my smart car.

BFT

DON CHINGON
May 9, 2012
Southern Cali

Eee yeah... I have to agree with my colleague. When I was looking to trade my Chevy gasser, the 6.0 was the last thing on my mind when looking for a diesel.
Like mentioned before, the IFS wasn't something I liked. Not so much from the problems that are known, easy fix, just wanted the solid axle.

Powerstroked162

<---- mi hijo de la carne
Feb 25, 2010
SoWa
Damn ford guys... What about the scorpion motor? Is it a step foward or back?

Meh... it's really not known what is to come. It's handicapped out of the hole having a Cp4 injection pump and a pee-poor turbo charger. Honestly, the 6.4 is the baddest bolt-on ready production engine available, hands down. It set a high bench mark that I don't think will be an easy task to reach. We shall see ;)

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Forum name should be changed to "Duramax Diesels..... and a couple of Powerstrokes".... turning into a regular tech section in here for Fords :rofl:

BFT

DON CHINGON
May 9, 2012
Southern Cali
Meh... it's really not known what is to come. It's handicapped out of the hole having a Cp4 injection pump and a pee-poor turbo charger. Honestly, the 6.4 is the baddest bolt-on ready production engine available, hands down. It set a high bench mark that I don't think will be an easy task to reach. We shall see ;)

Nice avatar :roflmao:

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Westin, it's fun listening to the redhead stepchildren of the diesel world. I'd like to learn some of the bolt ons that meow them move..... I mean all we everthink of when we hear powerstroke is repair and slow... I would love to line up against a ford and actually have a close race.

Powerstroked162

<---- mi hijo de la carne
Feb 25, 2010
SoWa
Westin, it's fun listening to the redhead stepchildren of the diesel world. I'd like to learn some of the bolt ons that meow them move..... I mean all we everthink of when we hear powerstroke is repair and slow... I would love to line up against a ford and actually have a close race.

13.20's will leave you seeing taillights against a tuner, intake and exhaust equipped 6.4. Maybe you should take baby steps and start with a couple 7.3's or something :rofl: