Do a good deed with your computer.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Is there such a thing as a computer slob? If he thinks he is leaving that set up all the time he is sadly mistaken :witch:

I just realize the laptop is not even in the picture :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0335 [1024x768].JPG
    IMG_0335 [1024x768].JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 28

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
Does it get to hot upstairs in the man cave with all the machines running, or just lonely????? or did the W.O.P.R. computer he built take up the whole room and he was forced into the house...... after the holiday's we need to have an intervention :hug:

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
Is there such a thing as a computer slob? If he thinks he is leaving that set up all the time he is sadly mistaken :witch:

I just realize the laptop is not even in the picture :eek:

Pfffffttt, that's nothing here is my current setup. The 'mess' on the floor is the new folding machine.

I'm building a bracket for it today to hold more video cards and a plywood box to hold it all since I don't know of a normal case that will let me 'float' cards 4~5 inches above the MB.

Attachments

• comps on floor smaller.JPG
    comps on floor smaller.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 23

C.C.Reed

May 1, 2008
Pat:

Have you had any problems running your 460 at 920? I just run mine at 850 with the memory at 1900 and it's good for 11500 PPD on heavy jobs with the -advmethods flag according to HFM. It only runs at about 44C. I just recently removed the flag.

Also,
I have been waiting on parts, cards, etc. I had a delivery last week from NewEgg that on the confirmation said, "LEFT WITH BOY." There's only one problem with that. . . THERE IS NO BOY HERE! The house south of mine is for sale and empty. The house to the north is a couple with no kids. There aren't any houses across the street. So, I'm going through the claim process with UPS.

:mad:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I can run at 920mhz IF I run fan-speed high, and leave memory clock stock. And I don't run -advmethods. With -advmethods I have to turn it down to 850'ish. Make sure you turn the voltage up to the max (1.087v) if you want to go max clock speed.

If you want points, REMOVE the -advmethods flag. The new advanced jobs are tailored toward GTX470/480/580. The 460/450/430's are not really big enough for them.

C.C.Reed

May 1, 2008
How long are the larger 50,000,000 step WUs taking with the 460? I was getting almost 16000 PPD estimate in HFM. Now, mine has a TPF of 1:46 which means almost 3 hr for a WU worth 912 points. I'm working on 11261.

With the -advmethods flag, I can turn out a WU worth 1298 points in a little less time even working on 6800.

:WTF2:

EDIT: Apparently if I go above 850, my card is not happy. I tested it higher and didn't get any artifacts but when I run the GPU3 client the speed drops off. The client never becomes unstable. . . just loses speed.

850/1800
Fan at 50%
44 C
15369.2 PPD​

I may do some fine tuning later but that will work for now.

Last edited:

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
The kids complain that it's cold upstairs in the morning. Fixed that! It's like a sauna in that room! :D

Oh heck, turn off the computer monitors if they don't like all that heat.... :rofl:

Poor Hamsters....

How about Kat? Nah, I bet she's on Facebook down stairs. :hug:

C.C.Reed

May 1, 2008
Holy :cussing:!

I finally got a 6800 that my GPU just can't handle. It is (R1122, C0, G30) and my PPD dropped from 11.5k with all the other 6800/6811 units down to 5664. It doesn't matter if I'm overclocked or stock. It is consistently taking a TPF of 3:18. I am usually at around 1:38-1:40.

Every little bit helps so I didn't dump it like the folks just after points are doing but damn. It is trying to kill my video card.

Chevmeister

Big Dooley
Dec 3, 2010
Garnet Valley, Pa
Question for you guys. I just started one of my machines, but I have a quad core machines and an old p4 that I can fire up. Do I need seperate users on each machine or do I just put my name in on each one that I am running. Never did this before but ive heard of it many times. Is there any way to schedule FAH to run only at night? Theres 2 other quad core and several p4 and amd machines that sit at idle every night.

Last edited:

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
You can use the same user on every machine (that is what I do). There has to be a way to schedule FAH to run at night, but I don't know off the top of my head. I'll look into it when I get some free time. Hopefully someone will jump in and answer that sooner for you, though.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
You can use the same user on every machine (that is what I do). There has to be a way to schedule FAH to run at night, but I don't know off the top of my head. I'll look into it when I get some free time. Hopefully someone will jump in and answer that sooner for you, though.

Start, click All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Scheduled Tasks.

open it and double click "Add Scheduled Tasks" follow thru the menu.

Chevmeister

Big Dooley
Dec 3, 2010
Garnet Valley, Pa
one more dumb question, why is my quad core machine only running 25% cpu usage when my AMD is running 100%? i checked in task manager and its allowed to use all 4 cores.