Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
cody.jpg

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
I am the example of this. My truck has been down for almost a year and I even had to drive a Ford for awhile to keep working.
If you can't afford it, time to pull back the reigns and regroup then hit it again when you can. Simple.

Haha me too. In one month my truck will be celbrating its 4th anniversary since it last ran. During the spring of that year when I was working on it all the time and pulling it, I was also working off the farm and needed a vehicle. I drove my grandmas 95 Crew Cab long bed 2wd powerstroke/auto. They used to use it for their camper. It was a true old person truck with the built in looking fenders, graphics and a lunar visor. I felt so gay.

Heres my lovely Dmax as it sits.

20130422_230242_zpsd2f946d7.jpg

The last pull it ran at. Crankcase full of diesel, no oil pressure, turbo bearings thrashed, just gave up after this pull. Spent a lot of time and money chasing broken parts that year.

[youtube]abpuFWkvYig[/youtube]

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
oh man that truck sounded a little rough after that pull :eek: sorry to hear its still down man

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Haha me too. In one month my truck will be celbrating its 4th anniversary since it last ran. During the spring of that year when I was working on it all the time and pulling it, I was also working off the farm and needed a vehicle. I drove my grandmas 95 Crew Cab long bed 2wd powerstroke/auto. They used to use it for their camper. It was a true old person truck with the built in looking fenders, graphics and a lunar visor. I felt so gay.

Heres my lovely Dmax as it sits.

20130422_230242_zpsd2f946d7.jpg

The last pull it ran at. Crankcase full of diesel, no oil pressure, turbo bearings thrashed, just gave up after this pull. Spent a lot of time and money chasing broken parts that year.

[youtube]abpuFWkvYig[/youtube]
Offer still stands Vinny id be glad to come up and help you put it together,its just sitting there collecting dust throw a motor in it and drive it or build a motor and have some fun with it.:woott:

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
I was going to pass on this but the contribution to the sport comment made me change my mind. Will someone please explain to me what his big contributions were? Sure as hell not tuning, he managed to download every tune out of every truck and keep it that he ever worked on that wasn't locked. His ability to build an engine and make it last? That for sure is not it, he has blown up more engine parts than about anyone in the sport. He gets a lot out of an Allison. Yes for a pass or two, how long has he every made on last on a big hp motor? His dyno numbers are just that, a number, he has figured now how to make his truck make a bigger split second number than most other guys using the gas. It doesn't cross over to the track. His red truck made into the 9's once in Edmonton and barely. His prostreet truck is set up great, great attention to detail but it has never performed even close to what it should have. I've seen him twice this year at NHRDA races. Edmonton, blew up less then 100 feet from the line during round one of the 11.90 class because he wasn't allowed to enter anything faster due to lack of a roll bar in the shop truck they like to call a dually.
Woodburn, blew up the engine at the Friday nite street legals day before the event. Lost all compression. That after personally getting in touch with Jarid Vollmer on telling him how get it was to great a common rail into the 8's and he hoped to line up against Jarid in the finals at Woodburn then go on facebook (which is the only place he will post anymore and he had for fix for Jarid and Bully Dog talking trash and being what he is 99% of the time, a total dick.

He has buddied up so many people in our sport then thrown them under the bus I have lost count. It looks like Wade is his latest one.

Look at the people who worship him and follow him around like he's the pied piper. All very young, very impressionable and either have a diesel truck with a tuner and a big exhaust tip or no truck at all. He loves standing in front of them and pontificating on his accomplishments.

In my estimation he has hurt the Dmax image, wished he like Power Strokes, they need "god like figure" to follow.

I have heard this same line so many times from him it sounds like a broken record. As soon as he can find someone foot the bill he'll be back.

There are some great pioneers in the dmax/allison world and most have been named in this thread, there are some that have not been mentioned as well, SoCal Diesel, TTS, SunCoast, ProFab, G&J diesel, and many others. Shit stick couldn't be a shop boy to any of them.

Ken's right, the guy has screwed people. Here's another: One friend had a beautiful custom truck with built engine, twins, the whole deal. Tunes by Rob. Dimitri was seen dowloading those tunes while it was in a local shop where he worked. Last year that same truck was sitting in Trent's shop for repair. Seems Dimitri had given the TCM a tune. The transmission wound up in 2 gears at once and broke. My friend calls it the "trans-smasher 10,000" tune because Dimitri then wanted to fix/build his trans for $10K. He brags to be a transmission builder and has badmouthed Trent behind his back. Pissed him off when it went to EPR, said he didn't want Trent to steal his transmission tune.....that's a joke. Trent's good with transmisssions and got it working perfectly again.

One of these days karma's gonna' have a face-to-face with Dimitri and it won't be pretty.

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/images/smilies/thumb.gif

Ken's right.

Here's another: One friend had a beautiful custom truck with built engine, twins, the whole deal. Tunes by Rob. Dimitri was seen dowloading those tunes while it was in a local shop where he worked. Last year that same truck was sitting in Trent's shop for repair. Seems Dimitri had given the TCM a tune. The transmission wound up in 2 gears at once and broke. My friend calls it the "trans-smasher 10,000" tune because Dimitri then wanted to build the trans for $10K. He brags to be a transmission builder and has badmouthed Trent behind his back. Pissed him off when it went to EPR, said he didn't want Trent to steal his transmission tune.....that's a joke. Trent's good with transmisssions and got it working perfectly again.

One of these days karma's gonna' have a face-to-face with Dimitri and it won't be pretty.

But Dmitri is a legend .... :rofl:

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Ken's right, the guy has screwed people. Here's another: One friend had a beautiful custom truck with built engine, twins, the whole deal. Tunes by Rob. Dimitri was seen dowloading those tunes while it was in a local shop where he worked. Last year that same truck was sitting in Trent's shop for repair. Seems Dimitri had given the TCM a tune. The transmission wound up in 2 gears at once and broke. My friend calls it the "trans-smasher 10,000" tune because Dimitri then wanted to fix/build his trans for $10K. He brags to be a transmission builder and has badmouthed Trent behind his back. Pissed him off when it went to EPR, said he didn't want Trent to steal his transmission tune.....that's a joke. Trent's good with transmisssions and got it working perfectly again.

What do you mean one of these days:)

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA

I know another guy who did a pretty nice job of f#cking people over before he vanished to.

Last edited:

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
I don't see why people just don't save money anymore. Is it really that hard to stop what you're doing, make arrangements, and get the piggy fat again? I may not have a twin turbo lb7 with blah blah with 900hp, but I do like my truck, I blew the head gasket, but hey whatever, I'll just save up till I can fix it. While I'm there I'll build the trans and add a LBZ cp3 to keep from worrying about the factory pump going out. Yes it'll take me a couple of months, but that's the fun in it. The truck gets a nice rest anyway, miles stay low and less tire wear lol. Even after I've saved the money to have the truck done, I'll still have money in reserve. Then after the truck is done, I'll be saving up for a new motorcycle, the saving cycle starts again. I mean this year may be cut and dry and bare bones because I have to save money, but I figured I might as well get this done before the God awful Obamacare kicks in. PEOPLE Y U NO SAVE MONEY!? lol

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.

So..... did you see this with you own eyes???? Or are you just another one of "those" people??;)

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah

Trent screwed up a buddies transmission. I would say he is "great"... Trent build my friends triple turbo and motor/trans. The truck sat in the shop for a month before being touched. And my buddy had to help them take the inter cooler out to get them started. His truck defuels like CRAZY between all shifts. Trent tried a Tcm tune as did Zach at starlite diesel. They've explored every option in tuning and the only tune they can get it not to defuel in will not lock the torque converter.

It's a 1080 hp truck that ran a 12.8 or whatever because it defuels so bad. He had to dyno at 90-120 mph because of the torque converter not locking until then.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Trent screwed up a buddies transmission. I would say he is "great"... Trent build my friends triple turbo and motor/trans. The truck sat in the shop for a month before being touched. And my buddy had to help them take the inter cooler out to get them started. His truck defuels like CRAZY between all shifts. Trent tried a Tcm tune as did Zach at starlite diesel. They've explored every option in tuning and the only tune they can get it not to defuel in will not lock the torque converter.

It's a 1080 hp truck that ran a 12.8 or whatever because it defuels so bad. He had to dyno at 90-120 mph because of the torque converter not locking until then.

What year truck was it? I dont think its trent fault if tuning can't fix it probably a hard part problem. Trents problem was he got to big to fast that and couple bad employees did him in

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
So..... did you see this with you own eyes???? Or are you just another one of "those" people??;)

One of "those" people? Did I see it with my own eyes?

Yes I saw it with my own eyes. Right there in the shop. A bunch of times. The owner's a pretty good friend, we've talked about it a lot. Satisfied?

Status
Not open for further replies.