Coolant loss -- headgaskets or EGR cooler?

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
If you guys would just get the best d-max ever made (LBZ) you wouldn’t be having all them issues simple as that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
If you guys would just get the best d-max ever made (LBZ) you wouldn’t be having all them issues simple as that

That’s what mine is. 06 LLY is an LBZ hence my joke. Still can break the crank at any time. Still has crap pistons that crack worse than any LLY could. Head baskets can still go...

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
That’s what mine is. 06 LLY is an LBZ hence my joke. Still can break the crank at any time. Still has crap pistons that crack worse than any LLY could. Head baskets can still go...

Yeahhhhhhh but in stock can't beat them. Best interior chevy ever put out. Runs badass factory. In 08 chevy went to shit.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Yup. But change "little brother" to "son" -- thats how young you are.....:roflmao:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
^^ seriously. kinda waiting for the IHI to die. have to change/fab charge and exhaust piping out to make it work. not a BIG deal but its a "if it aint broke, dont fix it". rather get new paint on the old girl first but thats all pushed the back burner cause i have a seriously BAD itch to get the front end built for my tracker.

it will happen.... unless i sell the truck first :roflmao:. i may save the limo for my daughter or son if they are showing interest in cars/trucks (yes, i have a little boy due in Jan :D:D).

Congrats on baby boy!!!:hug:

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Yeahhhhhhh but in stock can't beat them. Best interior chevy ever put out. Runs badass factory. In 08 chevy went to shit.

I’m pretty sure they all blow up the same, 01, 06, 08 it don’t matter, and they don’t run that great stock, they don’t even run that good tuned. I do like how parts are cheaper for the 01-07 and you don’t have to jack up the cab to pull the motor.

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
They Run great in stock form and they run even better tuned “ as long as it’s done right” not uncommon for me to see stock Duramaxes achieving 400 to 700,000 miles

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I’m pretty sure they all blow up the same, 01, 06, 08 it don’t matter, and they don’t run that great stock, they don’t even run that good tuned. I do like how parts are cheaper for the 01-07 and you don’t have to jack up the cab to pull the motor.

I don't think any of them are Adam or Reger proof:poke:

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Anything under 600 horse is underpowered to me and I don’t have the money to throw away for that anymore, and tuning has a play but it’s how you treat them and luck of the draw, my LLY owed me nothing but the LMM 100k and never towed anything and let loose...really?