BD downpipe

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
BD's down pipe sucks! This is the second one I have had that rattles! It is hitting my up pipes.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
The factory pipe is supported down at the exhaust flange, but the BD floats. I posted a thread about making a strap to hold the bottom of the pipe, but don't know where it is.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Pat, I have a strap, it still rattles. I think* the SS housing on the HTT is shorter?? making the pipe closer to the up pipes.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
They LB7 we built runs the HTT with the SS housing and the pipe is fine. We trimed the heads off some bolts on the firewall and made some small indents like they said to do in there booklet.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Well I hacked on the pipe some today. Cut the v flange off spaced it and re welded it. Paul would laugh at my welds:eek: they aren't pretty. I will check rattle levels tomorrow.

OT Henry, how do you take the plastic connectors off of the heater core lines? I snapped one while working on the "down" pipe :rofl:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
They LB7 we built runs the HTT with the SS housing and the pipe is fine. We trimed the heads off some bolts on the firewall and made some small indents like they said to do in there booklet.

My lly truck, I didnt need to dent the firewall it wasnt even close:)
I did remove the stupid bolts on the fire wall

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
So what do you call it then?

maybe dimple the down pipe? Or twist it up a bit so its not resting on the up-pipe

did you wrap the pipe? that might help.

Like I said on the phone, "Its one thing after another":happy2:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Well I hacked on the pipe some today. Cut the v flange off spaced it and re welded it. Paul would laugh at my welds:eek: they aren't pretty. I will check rattle levels tomorrow.

OT Henry, how do you take the plastic connectors off of the heater core lines? I snapped one while working on the "down" pipe :rofl:

use a lid for a plastic pop bottle.....drill a hole in it the size of the pipe and a cut to slide it over the pipe:D Very ghetto

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
They come off that easy!? Shoot I thought I felt on the back of that thing. I have one of those Kits with all the different size bottle tops in it:baby: Have to give that a try in the am. Thanks Sweet