BatMo S475

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
I've heard there are some billet wheels out there already with more surface area then the batmo...what exactly does it do to the air flow to cause these differences just more area, the humps, ?

I havent seen anybody post maps proving the difference.

Im from Missouri... somebody SHOW ME

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
There is seldom a free lunch. The taller wheel on the BW ETT 475 chargers give you better drivibility, and a wider map, but lose a bit up top. On a virtually identical Garrett 75mm with the "normal" wheel, the Garrett is making about 20rwhp more up top, and is just over 0.1 seconds and 1.5 mph faster.

Is this the same with a BMW? I dunno. I do like driving the BW ETT better.

BTW, the basic blade designs used today were developed by NACA (NASA) during WWII.

CurtisEmery

Mar 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I think this whole batmowheel is just a sales gimmick! I think the fact that the wheel is lighter probably has more to do with the better spool up than the goofy curved inducer. Enertia has a lot more to do with spoolup than this blade design IMO. The old billets from bullseye were just a direct copy of the cast wheels I.e. Heavy! This new BMW wheel looks to be carved down more around the hub.

maxpower91

May 29, 2010
Just got a Turbo from engineered diesel with a billet wheel... are they made to there specs u think?

meanmachine

Blowing money to go fast
May 5, 2010
Kalamazoo, MI
I just emailed Bullseye last night asking about what I could do to my S475. I was hoping to just upgrade the wheel and not replace the whole charger. There site says that they have the new BMW in stock, I took it like you could get just the wheel. I guess I will see when they respond. What does it typically run for a billet wheel in an S475????

meanmachine

Blowing money to go fast
May 5, 2010
Kalamazoo, MI
I talked with Bill Devine via email and the billet wheel and race cover is around 800.00. He said the BMW and cover are only offered on a new turbo.