BatMo S475

Drholliday

May 28, 2008
Gresham, OR
Just wanted to share my experience and see if many others are running chargers with the new BM wheel in it.

What I have found over the cast 475 is spool up is noticeably faster. With the cast I had to build up to 10 lbs then it would shoot up to max boost. With the BMW once you hit 2 lbs you can roll it to the floor quickly and the boost follows.

There is a lot less turbo noise even though it is putting out more boost. And my max boost on my highest tune went up 5-10 psi. Figured it should really test the strength of my stock head bolts :woott:

On the highway going 65-70 there is almost no lag with the BMW. The cast wheel had a couple seconds of lag at those speeds.

The other weird thing is I've been WOT and let completely out of the throttle a couple times now and haven't had this charger bark. The cast set up would back if I had anything over 15 lbs and lifted. I've done it with the BMW at 50lbs and no bark.

No real increase in power by the butt dyno, though I'm fuel limiting myself since I'm still on a stock bottom end. Spool up is very noticeable though. My wife has been driving it to work and in her professional opinion it is 'less scary' to drive :)

I'll be testing it towing 10k lbs through the Rockies next month when my wife and I move to Portland. So far I love everything except the decline in turbo whistle.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I love mine but I have to say atleast in my case going from the 464 to the 374 the 374 sounds great and is alot louder especially when spooled I couldn't be happier with the way it drives , spools and sounds.

SDP

AKA Dmax15
Dec 20, 2008
Port Angeles, WA
They sure do live up to the hype!

Here is a picture of an 83mm BMW next to the standard billet wheel, you can see how they raise the fins to get more surface area both the inducer and exducer. They also made some changes to reduce weight in areas.

BMW483001.jpg

BMW483002.jpg

seth999

Wheeewwwww!!!
Jul 1, 2009
Corbin,KY
I've heard there are some billet wheels out there already with more surface area then the batmo...what exactly does it do to the air flow to cause these differences just more area, the humps, ?

CurtisEmery

Mar 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada

Here is a picture of an 83mm BMW next to the standard billet wheel, you can see how they raise the fins to get more surface area both the inducer and exducer. They also made some changes to reduce weight in areas.

BMW483001.jpg

BMW483002.jpg

Looks like a much taller tip height on the exducer. Seems to be raked forward more than the standard wheel.

CurtisEmery

Mar 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Anyone know how many manufacturers make billet wheels and who they are?

Garrett, borgwarner, KKK, holset, columbus diesel supply, harts diesel, precision turbo and engine, turbonetics, bullseye power, forced inductions I think engineered diesel has been working on one as well. I'm sure there are more.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA

That BatMo looks way different!
Is that thing headed to western PA by any chance? :D

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all

BMW483001.jpg

BMW483002.jpg

What hype do they live up too? So far i havent seen any data showing that they are better than the standard billet. Maybe ive missed it? Everybody ive seen doing comparisons has been comparing the cast wheel. The only hype i have seen is winning the "big florida race" yet it was not the fastest truck there, nor the second, nor the 3rd, some people just had some bad luck.