LB7: Anyone make a high flow LB7 Y-Bridge?

SDP

AKA Dmax15
Dec 20, 2008
Port Angeles, WA
Well i have a full custom 3" boost tube for the 02-04 federal y-bridge and dont really wanna spend the money on another new boost tube and buy y-bridge. Plus i think that big hump the 01 style tube has isnt as clean as the 02-04 style IMOP.

whats so bad about the 02-04 design?

Necks down to 2.5" on the factory ones. But your 3" intercooler pipe would work of course if you had a y-bridge that was a direct fit, it wouldn't be that much different to make one with a bend to mate up with that piece vs the other design. You just have to have the right * bend in there to keep the fitment the same.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Necks down to 2.5" on the factory ones. But your 3" intercooler pipe would work of course if you had a y-bridge that was a direct fit, it wouldn't be that much different to make one with a bend to mate up with that piece vs the other design. You just have to have the right * bend in there to keep the fitment the same.

thats what im asking though, why has no one made (or atleast from what i gather in these posts) a 3" 02-04 federal y-bridge? why has most only made the 01 style? jsut due to the ease of making them? i wouldnt wanna add another 45* pipe with silicone boots inbetween my intercooler tube and 01 style y-bridge to make it work.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
thats what im asking though, why has no one made (or atleast from what i gather in these posts) a 3" 02-04 federal y-bridge? why has most only made the 01 style? jsut due to the ease of making them? i wouldnt wanna add another 45* pipe with silicone boots inbetween my intercooler tube and 01 style y-bridge to make it work.

several people build bridges that work with stock tubes , and most are custom built to work with what ever you want , its noting new people have been building them for years , they just don't "market" them . I personally dont recommend it as a "must have" till over 800 hp when running compounds , i have made close to 900 on several different kits with a good flowing 2.5" pipe and bridge and boost was fairly low still so there couldnt have been to much restriction , now if a single turbo is involved or boost #'s are lower there will be more gain IMOP.

I hope to have a picture up tomorrow.

Look forward to seeing it Tony , if its coming from you I am sure it will be a top shelf item , if it flows as good as you say it does maybe we can joint venture and we can use them on some of our race kits :)

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
several people build bridges that work with stock tubes , and most are custom built to work with what ever you want , its noting new people have been building them for years , they just don't "market" them . I personally dont recommend it as a "must have" till over 800 hp when running compounds , i have made close to 900 on several different kits with a good flowing 2.5" pipe and bridge and boost was fairly low still so there couldnt have been to much restriction , now if a single turbo is involved or boost #'s are lower there will be more gain IMOP.

Yeah i figured it had been done before. jsut tryin to learn why its been done a certain way and why those that are marketed had not built/sold the ones newer models had. You know where my HP goal is but if the price is right...... :D

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
now if a single turbo is involved or boost #'s are lower there will be more gain IMOP.

A big single is involved.

The OEM LB7 boost tube only necks down to 2.5" for an inch or so. Cut that off and use a 3" boot, voila 3" boost tube for free. Now I need a 3" federal Y-Bridge which is why I posted in here.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
A big single is involved.

The OEM LB7 boost tube only necks down to 2.5" for an inch or so. Cut that off and use a 3" boot, voila 3" boost tube for free. Now I need a 3" federal Y-Bridge which is why I posted in here.

I have done them this way before , only down side is the pipe has to be shipped to us to have a new bead rolled on it.

Here is a pic, comes with three ports and a MAP port that is not open but just needs to be drilled if needed.

Looks sweet Tony !