8/29/09 Raceway Park NJ

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
what If I just tell them its not fast enough to need a helment?

that doesnt fly in NJ you can run 18's and you still need a helmet... Atco and Etown are the same way....unless you drive a big rig

also...no passengers any any circumstances... It's a lovely state here hahaha

Last edited:

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Any one else check the weather for the week end? I just checked and its says its going to rain:mad: Beech do you need a muffler for the track? A buddy told me I might need to put mine on?

Forced Induction

The Mouse
Aug 19, 2009
NJ
Yea the Weather is not looking good for Sat. I am rethingking going anyway as it seems like multiple events may be going on during the same time. Besides the diesel race, here is what else the schedule says:

Street Muffled vehicles only. Open 10AM Test & Tune + RS + TSB + Late Model Musclecar Race Series + Corvettes vs The World + Pro Dial Dash Race Series. PTS.

As far as your diesel needing a muffler, I don't think it will matter much as they are not as loud as an open headered gas engine. But thats up to you. They might want everyone to be muffled.

Last edited:

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
Any one else check the weather for the week end? I just checked and its says its going to rain:mad: Beech do you need a muffler for the track? A buddy told me I might need to put mine on?

nope no muffler necessary.... your turbo is your muffler.

and yea weather is not looking good....its beginning to seem more and more like this is a cursed even..those who were there last year wi ll know what im talking about

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
that doesnt fly in NJ you can run 18's and you still need a helmet... Atco and Etown are the same way....unless you drive a big rig

also...no passengers any any circumstances... It's a lovely state here hahaha

hmm...do they check for a SNELL rating? My helmet only says "DOT" on it...doesnt say SNELL. Im used to racing in canada where there werent really any rules...even in the 12's they still didnt seem to care, but I wore a helmet anyways. (that was 3 years ago though, maybe they've changed?)

Last edited:

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
hmm...do they check for a SNELL rating? My helmet only says "DOT" on it...doesnt say SNELL. Im used to racing in canada where there werent really any rules...even in the 12's they still didnt seem to care, but I wore a helmet anyways. (that was 3 years ago though, maybe they've changed?)

no you only need snell if your faster then like 12 or something...just dot should be good for you

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
its a state law for motor sports all participants must wear a helmet. and teh snell rating is as follows
any car running 14.00 and quicker in the 1/4 mile requires a Snell K98 or 2000 or newer OR SFI 41.1A helmet

as far as the wheel stud. they may or may not catch it due to the amount of people that might be there.

if you have something other than a stock turbo such as twins or gas I would reccommend getting a fire jacket whether you borrow it or buy it. usually at events like these they dont get to picky on that because theres so much going on they cant keep up. they may rent jackets . I know they rent helmets but if you rent it your not supposed to go faster than a 14.99

and of course due to the possible weather coming you probably wont have to worry about it at all.
good luck for those that go.

Forced Induction

The Mouse
Aug 19, 2009
NJ
Well it's 9am and raining like crazy. Maybe this event at RP is cursed?!?!?:rolleyes:

Well there is always the diesel nationals, but there are WAY too many big rigs there to race a pick-up IMO. That is a long day, but I will be spectating for sure!!

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
Well it's 9am and raining like crazy. Maybe this event at RP is cursed?!?!?:rolleyes:

Well there is always the diesel nationals, but there are WAY too many big rigs there to race a pick-up IMO. That is a long day, but I will be spectating for sure!!

dude last year there was something like 200 picks ups....ill be racing mine there again this year for sure