8/29/09 Raceway Park NJ

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Havent seen a thread on this over here so I figured I would start one. I just found out about this but I guess the original scheduled event got rained out so this is the rain date. I will be going to run my truck for the first time. I know there are a few NJ, NY and CT member out there, anyone want to come down and give me some pointers??? The duramax crowd needs a good presence for the races. Heres the link:http://racewaypark.com/schedule/street_diesel.aspx
Hope to see some there.
Kris

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
hmmmmmm maybe ill be there with my big slow truck...ive been clean of that "drug" for the past 3 years but I might have to break that... :D

ben

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
hmmmmmm maybe ill be there with my big slow truck...ive been clean of that "drug" for the past 3 years but I might have to break that...
Great guys. Hope you guys can come so we can have some fast duramax's there. Bring out the big slow truck Ben, all the cool kids are doing it these days you know!

Last edited:

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
Scheid, Gainesville Florida NHRDA, and this are all the same weekend. Don't think we'll make it - but I was gonna make the one that got rained out since I was already in NY at the time.

yea that sucked...i drove 2 1/2 hours there and it started raining 3o minutes after i got in the gate...

you should come out to the nationals in sept bro...thats a way bigger show

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
well trucks in the shop...something let loose on me last night at atco...whether ill be able to make it now or not is now questionable sadly...

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
how strict are they about tech inspection? I have a broken wheel stud in the back and wondering if they care enough to look that closely?

Forced Induction

The Mouse
Aug 19, 2009
NJ
If you are running factory wheels with the hub covers they will not notice and they will usually not ask them to be removed. But if you have aftermarket wheels where the broken stud is clearly visibly that may be another issue.

How did you break a stud anyway?

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
how strict are they about tech inspection? I have a broken wheel stud in the back and wondering if they care enough to look that closely?

i have never poped the hood or even had them look at my wheels...long as your truck is not really fast they just check your helmet ask a few questions give you a number and send you on your way.....just be sure to bring a helmet and wear long pants

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
If you are running factory wheels with the hub covers they will not notice and they will usually not ask them to be removed. But if you have aftermarket wheels where the broken stud is clearly visibly that may be another issue.

How did you break a stud anyway?

I forget, its been broken for like 2 years.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
i have never poped the hood or even had them look at my wheels...long as your truck is not really fast they just check your helmet ask a few questions give you a number and send you on your way.....just be sure to bring a helmet and wear long pants

what If I just tell them its not fast enough to need a helment?