Question: What's the most hp made on s400 frame turbo?

joegorby

Apr 12, 2012
Washington Pa
Anyone have any insight on getting good runs out of a large single? As far as driving and loading techniques? I dyno tuned a S480 single setup last week. Started the pull at 2200rpm in 5th gear and was able to get great consistent runs, even within 2hp & 3 lb-ft of each other. The problem is the charger would light so late in the run that the torque is not accurate because it was already past peak torque rpm. Basically​ is on the down swing of the torque curve by the time it lights. I wasn't worried about it at the time, just was looking for repeatability to tune. Horsepower was right on par with what it's capable of. I'm just wandering how to go about it. I didn't try to ride brakes or anything. Maybe start the run @ 1500 rpm and ease into it?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Go to a smaller charger!

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Go to a smaller charger!
Negative Joe! This runs great on the street, considering. 87tw 1.0 A good 475 or 6 would probably make the same peak #'s but the nice thing is he'll not outgrow this charger even as he changes other things.
Just as long as he stays away from the nitrous, right?

joegorby

Apr 12, 2012
Washington Pa
Negative Joe! This runs great on the street, considering. 87tw 1.0 A good 475 or 6 would probably make the same peak #'s but the nice thing is he'll not outgrow this charger even as he changes other things.
Just as long as he stays away from the nitrous, right?

Very true:eek:9

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
You could do a deceleration run. Not sure how well that works on a chassis dyno, but it's easily done on an engine dyno. It will find any weak links in your engine though.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

diesel-max

Haisley Never heard of her
Oct 20, 2011
IN
Mark just made over 1400 on the 5 blade 85 the other day. New record for s4 on his dyno.