Waste Oil Heater

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Got a link to a website and some prices? I'm throwing a wood stove in my 30' X 30' garage once it's done and have always wanted an oil burner but they are pretty expensive IIRC. Do they make conversion kits for woodstoves? (not farmer built like I have seen in the past;):D)

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Ya I know, and other than the cost of fuel to go out and cut wood, it's free heat as well. It would have been nice to get a shop heater that burns oil cause I can get as much as I want 10min from my house for free though!!:D

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Yes they do. I looked at the website and the smallest model is 140 000 btu and it burns atf, motor oil, etc.
I'm going to get a price on the 140 000 btu-nothing like a little overkill !!:D

I do have 10' walls though... and I live in Canada so....

ShopSpecialties

Jun 4, 2008
Grass Range, Montana
What kind of heat do you have in your home ? The house I just bought has a propane boiler for heating. I am going to put a waste oil boiler in the shop then run a hot water line into the house. The are many options with to go with when you have a boiler. Keep asking questions guys I am here to help.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
that is a sweet kit!

i'm building a heater out of an old yanmar engine i have laying around.

my buddy uses veggie in his cast iron wood burning stove. he just pours it in the bottom and throws a bit of wood on top of it. it burns all day and hot as shit!!