Vane Position Sensor Readings

supernat10

Mar 3, 2021
Hey everyone, been getting P003A, so I pulled off my vane position sensor and did a manual plunge on it. Readings on my Autel MX808 show the position start at 100%, pushing in a short distance before it starts to linearly move down to 0%, then a short distance later jumps to 100% for a good amount of run. I just wondered if this is normal, for it to go 100->0 then jump to 100% again. Am going to put it back in and watch it during normal operation to see if it's related, but thought I'd ask here while it's on my mind.

supernat10

Mar 3, 2021
Thanks Ron. I know what the code means, just wasn't sure if the sensor should be jumping back to 100% a short distance after the plunger hits 0%. I actually reinstalled the sensor today and connected my Autel to watch live data. The "learning" flag was "in progress" the entire time, and command did not match sensed value, when just sitting idle. Strangely, when I got up to speed, the command and sensed position stayed in lock-step, from about 5% to 95%. So I guess it's just right on the edge. It always throws the P003A and I think a P2950 or 2590 (forget the actual code) after pulling my RV. I'll just have to investigate further I guess.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
If it’s only reading 100 and 0 it’s bad.

best I remember you can manipulate them to show anything from 100-0 by pressing them in. However it doesn’t need to move much.

Reactions: supernat10

supernat10

Mar 3, 2021
If it’s only reading 100 and 0 it’s bad.

best I remember you can manipulate them to show anything from 100-0 by pressing them in. However it doesn’t need to move much.
Thanks, it actually smoothly moves from 100 to 0. But once I get to 0, if I keep pushing it in, for a small time it stays at 0, then jumps to 100 near fully depressed. Just didn't know if that was correct. It could well be causing the learning process to fail. Will be looking at it more this weekend.