turbo

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
i am realy just looking for a good street turbo right now dont care what class it puts me in, i am afraid the gt4094 will have to much lag... what will the 4088 run for boost and how much for a bolt in kit

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
what is the price difference and is it just bolt in and i dont want much more lag than stock:D

Not sure about the price difference, can't be much between the two since the difference is just the compressor and housing. They bolt in with a new pedistal:D. 4088 with some tunning is a streetable turbo imo

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
mikesturboinc.com.....$1000......mounts with GT42 mounting kit...just requires some special fitting attention to fit that HUGE cover!! pics are in a thread i started a couple months ago...

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
well...i put in a lbz CP3 hoping to have enough fuel to really spin it but on the dyno a couple weekends ago i didnt see it working that well....however on the street and sled pulling it'll make 45 very quickly:D

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
taking out the old turbo on any install is a biotch....i had fun grinding all the egr crap off just to get the turbo to fit actually...but that is the reason for that thread...since my install kit didn't include the parts it should have and i had to wait for the intake setup...now if i had to do it again i could probably do it in two nights instead of ten with all the parts at the time of dis-assembly

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
taking out the old turbo on any install is a biotch....i had fun grinding all the egr crap off just to get the turbo to fit actually...but that is the reason for that thread...since my install kit didn't include the parts it should have and i had to wait for the intake setup...now if i had to do it again i could probably do it in two nights instead of ten with all the parts at the time of dis-assembly

i didnt know the lb7 had egr:eek:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
mine did, Massachusetts is a Green State!! i think there were 15 states that mandated it in 04...but anyhow....if yours doesnt have EGR, it'll be all the easier for you!!

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
the 4088 is deffinatly not a laggy turbo the one i installed for a friend spooled much quicker than stock to him and he really loves it. i have the 4094 on my truck and i think it spools about the same as stock if not just a tad bit quicker. it really depends on your tuning. i have seen up to 40 lbs on both the 4088 and 4094 which is still safe for stock head bolts. i probalby would hold off on the head studs until you can pull the motor out and properly torque them

i hope this helps your decision