Turbo oil drain

MADD*MAX

Sep 23, 2012
Alberta
I switched my LML rear cover to a LBZ one to do away with the coolant port that was leaking. It had the fleece plug in it as I routed the the heater core to the thermostat housing. In order to do the LBZ rear cover I thought allI needed was a drain line from an earlier turbo as the stud spacing for the oil drain and location is different however that was not the case. The exhaust hosuing of the LML turbo places it about 1/2" futher back on the block making that drain too long for the pedastool bolts to line up. My solution to this was using the meachant drain line kit with a braided -10 AN line built to the correct length. The fitting that bolted to the turbo side was slightly smaller than a factory drain line. The kit is meant for S300/400 turbos but bolted right up to a factory turbo no problem. I went for a drive yesterday and blew the hotside pipe off the intercooler and when i went to put it back on, I found the turbo had pushed oil into the hotside pipe. My question is this the result of the slightly smaller drain line? The turbo seems fine. No in and out shaft play and minimal side to side play.