Transmission vent cap

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the trans vent for an 06 threads in or are they pressed in? I’d like to remove the factory one and find an A N fitting to thread in and run a hose higher up somewhere. Or will I have to just remove the cap and attach the hose to what’s left? Thanks guys

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
They're pressed in. The "cap" part is crimped around a pipe with a lip so you'd have to do some cutting to get the cap off but it's doable.

Jan 28, 2014
You can pop the whole thing out and npt tap the case and screw whatever type of fitting you want in there. I have my race truck trans done that way and ran to a catch can since I had it push out some fluid on the track when I was on the convertor staging. IIRC I used 1/8 npt tap

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
I wish I would have done that when I had the transmission out not much room to work up there. I popped the whole thing out got the cap off and drilled it out about 3/4 of the way through and was able to pound a metal tube inside of it long enough to attach a hose to. I’m thinking of running the hose up to the fuel door by the rear differential breather and just putting a little filter on the hose.

Reactions: LBZ

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
Ended up not running the hose towards the back since there would have been a low spot in it so I just ran it up to the firewall. See how that works out I guess.

Reactions: 1TRIKHD