Thanksgiving at the dunes

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So each year we spend our thanksgivings down at the imperial sand dunes and we usually stay on the buttercup side. more family oriented and calmer than Glamis. Gordons Well use to be our go to but the last change up of re-opening and closures of the dunes f**ked riding there big time.

Anyhow, picked what i thought was a nice hard packed area for the motorhomes to get back to. my brother and i showed up a day early for a good spot and towed right through this same spot without issue.

Dad/mom are the first to show up tuesday morning and i lead them through... well part of the way. they bury their shit in a hurry. yes both rear axles are driven and he has "lockers" in it (though they dont seem to work like normal lockers, maybe limited slips??). We tried yanking with my truck and my brothers a few times with the trailer still on his rig, didnt move. took unhooking the trailer, digging, and both my truck and brothers aird down to 15psi to yank it out finally. then took both of us to get the trailer out.

figured you guys would get a little kick out of this vid my mom took. im not afraid to hammer down on the old girl or boost launch :roflmao: had it in 4low and had to hold the progress while i swapped back to 4hi

[youtube]Lo6gY1SUfQM[/youtube]

probably had 5-6 hard pulls like that, then had to give a friend of ours a yank out as he was leaving cause he buried his motorhome. unhooked his trailer and pulled him out, then i hooked back up to his trailer and yanked the shit out of it. still waiting on the camera footage of that one.

Last edited:

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Buddy just got back from glamis. Said there was a huge accident where a buggy flew into a crowd of people

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Buddy just got back from glamis. Said there was a huge accident where a buggy flew into a crowd of people

yup, truck broke a lower arm and went straight into the crowd.

at the drags, you stay at the beginning and behind a large vehicle if you plan to watch. the people at the end or middle are nuts if you ask me.

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
yup, truck broke a lower arm and went straight into the crowd.

at the drags, you stay at the beginning and behind a large vehicle if you plan to watch. the people at the end or middle are nuts if you ask me.

Yea, and they were pinching it down at the start really bad this year too. Just wasn't giving the real fast stuff enough room.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Never been. Some day I gotta go though-it’s on the list.

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
Glamis is on my checklist. We load up a couple of TT's in NYC to go out there every february.

pgr11

Sep 8, 2014
Hesperia, CA
We will be heading out in a couple weeks for Glamis. We've seen so many changes through the years out there. Some good, some bad but, It's a special place that we love.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk