Thank you and Hello

Trimox

Aug 31, 2017
Even though I have been here a months lurking I thought I would tell how much this forum has helped.

I bought my 2004 LB7 CCSB 278k miles in 11/2016. Second diesel first Duramax. Injectors had been replaces in the last 6 months. Loved the truck. It all went south not long after. Month and a half (no where near a record for me) later while driving down the interstate, I felt a miss and then huge white smoke out of the tail pipe and loud lower end knocking. Had to have it towed home 96 miles, thanks AAA 100 mile limit free :).

So it sat till 08/2017. After a lot of searching, yes some of us know what that feature is, it went to the shop. I found a 22k mile 2003 motor for $5900, not your regular junk yard motor, amazing:woott:(love you car-part). When ahead and put new injectors in it form Pensacola Injector. I know when they fail LDS will be my choice. Balance rates are good now and I have no problems with them.

3" down pipe, Edge Insight CTS2 with EGT, boost and oil temp, not cheap but work every penny, PPE boost valve, Efilive tuned by a former tuner (thank you so much for all you have done for the diesel community), Airdog 4G, PPE stage 5 kit and full rebuild thanks to Naylor Transmission.

I love this truck and will get another 400k miles out of it. I just wanted to say thank you to all here and know that there are lurkers who can understand things without asking questions. I will try to put in my .02 when I can and if I am wrong I expect to be called out.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Welcome! When we get new members we hope they are like you, they usually aren't though :roflmao: don't be afraid to post though thats what we're all about.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Welcome, its newbies like you that are nice to see. take the time to search, are not here to take info and run off, and can contribute back.

good to have ya :D

Trimox

Aug 31, 2017
Welcome ! Most shops will do the pump rub kit when they do the tranny , did Naylor do yours , and if not add that to the list ! Good luck !

No he didn't do the pump rub but it is on the list. I have seen enough videos on it so it will be easy to do by myself when I get a little more meat in the wallet.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Thank you for wanting to be part of this crazy "family" and not simply using us like so many do.

Welcome.