T87 Swaps

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Honestly I couldn’t tell you. It was in a truck I rebuilt, and threw up the shift inhibited after running for about 5 min so I replaced it after seeing the non factory vent hole. Figured someone swapped it before it made it to auction.

Cut it open and see what’s going on inside if you want. If you get jammed up I can send another out of one of the other trucks I have in progress.
Yeah it's doing same for me. Runs fairly clean at startup if ya clear the code. Then after 5-10 minutes it kicks the Range Code and bunch of other gear ratio ones. Thought it was just unhappy with my wiring, We'll list that one under the Icebox Challenge. A buddy had one in his LML that if he left removed from the truck and left in the icebox overnight, he could run the truck for about 2 hours before limping.. Rather than 5 minutes.. It's the main MPU solder connections to the board.. CBM can fix it, 50/50 chance. But so long as I know, will work around.

pl_silverado

Jan 29, 2012
Yeah it's doing same for me. Runs fairly clean at startup if ya clear the code. Then after 5-10 minutes it kicks the Range Code and bunch of other gear ratio ones. Thought it was just unhappy with my wiring, We'll list that one under the Icebox Challenge. A buddy had one in his LML that if he left removed from the truck and left in the icebox overnight, he could run the truck for about 2 hours before limping.. Rather than 5 minutes.. It's the main MPU solder connections to the board.. CBM can fix it, 50/50 chance. But so long as I know, will work around.

Can you remelt the solder with a heat gun ?

Not worth sending to cbm in my opinion. New ones are now readily available, I have 2 in stock and 2 more on backorder.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Can you remelt the solder with a heat gun ?

Not worth sending to cbm in my opinion. New ones are now readily available, I have 2 in stock and 2 more on backorder.

I've watched a couple video's on it, and issue is there is a couple other important chips under that main MPU. So heating one without the back side set falling off seems to be the issue.. But not a big deal as my main concern is just verifying the TOS pulse details and our normal CANbus data. That's done. So for the bench work, I was just using it to map out all these sensor values before we move over to the T87 platform.. I can icebox with my bottle of Crown until called for again..

:geek:

pl_silverado

Jan 29, 2012
I've watched a couple video's on it, and issue is there is a couple other important chips under that main MPU. So heating one without the back side set falling off seems to be the issue.. But not a big deal as my main concern is just verifying the TOS pulse details and our normal CANbus data. That's done. So for the bench work, I was just using it to map out all these sensor values before we move over to the T87 platform.. I can icebox with my bottle of Crown until called for again..

:geek:

I was merely offering the option of tearing into it while under the influence of said crown if the curiosity gets the best of ya. I don’t really need it back, so it’s yours to do with as you wish.