steering stabilizer

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
does anybody have the specs for the steering stabilizer i am trying to find a heavier one for the truck.

Thank You
Jared

The only one I'm aware of is Rancho

I busted my ass to change it and actually busted a fork doing it. Was it worth it? Absolutely NOT! The stock one was just as stiff as the one I replaced it with!

Your money is best spent elsewhere.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Let me include instructions (warnings) if you dare do this

You CANNOT get to it with a pickle fork under the truck. You have to REMOVE both tires and have a bar such as a jack handle that will FIT over the fork and outside the wheel well on the DRIVERSIDE and a BF'N hammer!

Remove both skid plates.

If someone had better luck let me know what I did wrong. :D

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
i have a lot of highway sway and i beleve it has to do with my stabilizer do you know what the extended length is and the compressed length is?

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
i have a lot of highway sway and i beleve it has to do with my stabilizer do you know what the extended length is and the compressed length is?

No sorry but you cannot use any old eye to eye shock unless you have the tapered stud threaded on both ends that comes with the Rancho stabilizer. This replaces the one you have to hammer out that is connected to the stock one. Cannot be reused as it is PART of the shock

I would check your front end out if your wondering bad. Anyone who sells Rancho shocks should have a stabilizer kit.

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
i am not planning on using a standard shock i am trying to get a fox stabilizer.

as far as the pin goes that is easy and is the least of my conserns.:D

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
I have a fabtech on mine, came with the steering arm kit that was recalled. Had to cut the factory mount off the frame & now Im forever stuck with this.