Stage 4 build

02freighttrain

Team Salad Bartender
Aug 13, 2006
sootville, Fl
Just finished my stage 4 build with a 1057 mcrat converter. All I can say is, it was a lot of work but nothing too difficult. Some of the bolts are challenging to say the least. The converter bolts are not much fun. There are a couple of depression tools I made to get the snap rings in. It was a little overwhelming when I saw my alley in a million pieces. I had the tranny out and on the bench in 2 1/2 hours. The build took about 12 hours and the install took about 6 hours. Only two of us did the work (Thanks, Sean8816)

Ok the results. We had a 700 code and cleared a problem at the shift controller hook-up. (loose connection) Simple fix, We just plugged it in, all the way. The tranny really shifted hard and eractic at first, while it was learning.
I made a dozen or so runs up to speed and let it settle down and it started shifting really crisp and at the right time. Then I plugged in a little tune and gave it something to think about. Let's just say I'm impressed.

I really want to thank Sean8816 and Mike L for there Tech help on this project....... I looking forward to seeing how she'll E.T. now

dmax tim

just wanta have fun
Aug 16, 2006
Freddyville, Ohio
I have a kit and am going to get a local shop help w/ the install after I pull the tranny out.
I bought a SC 4 too but have the standard convertor.

Sean8816

Aug 8, 2006
I'll admit....that scared me pretty bad when your truck randomly went into limp mode on stock power. I hate electronics! Now that the tranny is done, I guess you might as well get a turbo also, maybe some dual cp3s?? Should make for another interesting weekend install haha

02freighttrain

Team Salad Bartender
Aug 13, 2006
sootville, Fl
I'll admit....that scared me pretty bad when your truck randomly went into limp mode on stock power. I hate electronics! Now that the tranny is done, I guess you might as well get a turbo also, maybe some dual cp3s?? Should make for another interesting weekend install haha

Hold it down, my wife is listening........... was that turbo or turbo's?

02freighttrain

Team Salad Bartender
Aug 13, 2006
sootville, Fl
You are a bad man.:cool2: :angel: :D
The bad part is trying to beat her home to retrieve the packages for my (normal) "I gotta change the oil on the truck, honey" Saturday morning ritual.

Really, she does not care as long as I'm happy. Okay, that said, let's talk turbo'z.