Soft C0035, C0055 codes as soon as you turn the key on.

vern650

Mar 27, 2014
hyrum, ut
Like the title says, I’m getting soft codes C0035 and C0055 for the wheels speed sensors with no abs light or cel coming on. I can clear the codes but they come back on immediately at the next key cycle. I don’t think it’s the sensors themselves as I swapped the rear speed sensor with a different truck and it made no difference. I haven’t physically checked the front sensor, but the bearing is tight and that particular bearing only has 10-15k miles on it. I’ve read a lot about electrical shorts pertaining to abs codes, but haven’t found much pertaining to both these codes simultaneously coming on, and most posts also state the abs light is on which mine is not.

So my question is does anyone have any ideas or a particular spot to check wires that would pertain to these two specific sensors/codes?

I found these codes were set while trying to diagnose a running issue, a horrible hesitation when rapidly going from the brake to the gas pedal, but I’m thinking that’s a tuning issue as it only happens on tunes 2-5 but not 1.

Thanks for any help.

Ron Nielson

Oct 11, 2009
Berryton, KS
See attachments. As you will see, there is a more refined DTC code that can be discovered if your scan tool has the ability. Knowing this 'sub code' (not sure of the correct nomenclature for this) very well may help you to determine more closely what the exact problem is, or what to look for. Keep in mind that the truck looks for key information that indicates a failure, but not exactly what the cause of the failure is.

Attachments

• C0035.pdf
    168.4 KB · Views: 2
  • C0055.pdf
    113 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: vern650