Help: So I was driveing down the road when !

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
I went to pass a car and poof motor shut off a bunch of lights on the dash pulled off the side of the road as i was thinking the worst get out of the truck and smoke was coming out and smelled like diesel. openend the hood slowly and couldent belive wht i saw. the high presure feed line on my second cps had blown right off through the retainer nut:eek: diesel fuel every where on my truck. has any one seen this happen before. Luckly i was close to Home and my lbzrks towing service was open once again :D Thanks once again jason. does any one know if this is standard line like brake line or something. or if its special high presure tubeing as well as wht type of nut i may need and type of tool to make the flare on the end. or does any one know of a flexible line tht i could use i dont really like how the hard line is routed. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG00080.jpg
    IMG00080.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 75

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Well I had a close experiance... I burst my dual feed line! Its a flexable not hard. Heres where this sucks, the common rail line is way higher rated than brake line and the ends are special to this system! Short of contacting the dual fueler company you got it from and getting another... you might call Industrial Injection and see if they can make you a flexable line like the dual feed is made from? Since they make a dual fueler they should know the correct lenth and such. I'll tell you this though, that "flexable" line isnt very flexy! Its really super stiff. Like a sprung bull whip! so its not somthing you can route around well so another solid line is prolly a better choice. FYI, my line burst and turns out they were having an issue so they warrenteed it and sent me a new stronger upgraded one. :D:hug:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I went to pass a car and poof motor shut off a bunch of lights on the dash pulled off the side of the road as i was thinking the worst get out of the truck and smoke was coming out and smelled like diesel. openend the hood slowly and couldent belive wht i saw. the high presure feed line on my second cps had blown right off through the retainer nut:eek: diesel fuel every where on my truck. has any one seen this happen before. Luckly i was close to Home and my lbzrks towing service was open once again :D Thanks once again jason. does any one know if this is standard line like brake line or something. or if its special high presure tubeing as well as wht type of nut i may need and type of tool to make the flare on the end. or does any one know of a flexible line tht i could use i dont really like how the hard line is routed. Thanks

holy shit TOMMY:eek: If I was you I would just blame Jason:D I bet your heart dropped to the floor board huh:D:hug:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
It is a 30,000 psi + fitting something like 37* something something:rolleyes:

If you find where to get them let me know!!!!!!!!!

Better question is why it blew?

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal

Better question is why it blew?[/QUOTE]

thats wht im wondering as well. figures first big storm of the year and driving the equnaox again :( Hopefully ppe will have tht line in stock to get me going again. If it stops raining I can change it today

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand

Better question is why it blew?[/QUOTE]

thats wht im wondering as well. figures first big storm of the year and driving the equnaox again :( Hopefully ppe will have tht line in stock to get me going again. If it stops raining I can change it today

Im sure PPE has them in stock,but makes me wonder if the line was plugged or something?

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Im sure PPE has them in stock,but makes me wonder if the line was plugged or something?

Yea not really sure. I was talking to joe at ppe today and he was saying mabey the fitting got tightend down to much. wich could of helped push the fitting through the nut duno. ? i put the new one on looser so we will see hopefully tht doesent happen again. I guess our ecms dont like diesel fuel becuase it fried my ecm as well. I got to change tht in the rain on the side of the freeway today. good thing i always have a spare one in my truck :) Thanks again to joe and ppe for getting me taken care of today with the new line :hug: