S300 Kit. Wow.

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
Drove the truck to work this morning for the first time with the new turbo and kit. Loving the way it drives, that 64.5/70 turbo has such a linear power band it's crazy. EGT's and drive pressures are great too.

Install kit fit great and went together really nicely. Hard to beat the quality Joe and Dave are putting out.

Last edited:

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Y-Bridge fit like a glove. HTT T4 pedestal with HSP spacer block and the 64.5mm FMW turbo are in place. Just need to button up a few last things...

17405_10206041155603470_2771515285006955694_n.jpg

How come anytime i post pics of my turbo(s), they look all dinky and worthless, then someone posts a picture of theirs and they look awesome and massive:D

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
How come anytime i post pics of my turbo(s), they look all dinky and worthless, then someone posts a picture of theirs and they look awesome and massive:D

Your turbo looked huge in th picture. Are you actually talking about turbos... :roflmao: :roflmao: because the above sentence could be taken out of context with only changing one word ;)

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
Only driven it about 40 miles, but so far, the EFR hit harder when it lit (which should be expected it was a bigger turbo), but this 64.5/70 makes super smooth linear power and runs MUCH lower drive pressure. It feels every bit as strong (which I expected since I still run stock injectors)

Last edited:

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
Forgot to update this thread. Had the truck up and running for a bit with the 64.5 FMW, loving this thing. With that 70mm turbine side it spools super easy. Very responsive in the midrange and pulls hard on top still. I've seen boost peak at 38-psi with a peak of 50-psi drive pressure. These are much better numbers than I saw with my previous turbo. Hard to say power changed much as I'm still running stock injectors, so I'm not really pushing it to hard with fuel but this setup works very well. Very fun on the street. Sounds great too.

I have developed a major rail pressure problem to work on now however. May be time to replace the cp3

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Forgot to update this thread. Had the truck up and running for a bit with the 64.5 FMW, loving this thing. With that 70mm turbine side it spools super easy. Very responsive in the midrange and pulls hard on top still. I've seen boost peak at 38-psi with a peak of 50-psi drive pressure. These are much better numbers than I saw with my previous turbo. Hard to say power changed much as I'm still running stock injectors, so I'm not really pushing it to hard with fuel but this setup works very well. Very fun on the street. Sounds great too.

I have developed a major rail pressure problem to work on now however. May be time to replace the cp3

Glad to see you're liking it Jacob!!:thumb:
Which turbo did you go with again, I can't remember? 64.5FMW/70/0.91 T4 or did you go with a gated T3?

Yellowchevy

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
It's the 64.5/70/.91 T4 with our new 3" hose cover. So it's now a direct drop in replacement for a box 366 kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
It's the 64.5/70/.91 T4 with our new 3" hose cover. So it's now a direct drop in replacement for a box 366 kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, glad to see the 3" hose cover on them like we were talking about the end of last year. Did you go undated for now?
Good work as always :thumb:

Yellowchevy