Redneck body clip removal tool

jc64

Sep 29, 2006
Oregon
Homemade body clip removal tool

You can call it Redneck or Ghetto or whatever... but it works good without tearing up the clips. Oh yeah, its FREE!!!

It's simple. I used two 1 gallon paint can lid openers that you can get at any store. I placed the two lid openers in a vice, making sure they were aligned at the ends, and simply wound small gage wire tightly around the bottle opener end. Simple and FREE.

jc

Attachments

• tab tool 2.jpg
    tab tool 2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 171
  • tab tool 3.jpg
    tab tool 3.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 167
  • tab tool 4.jpg
    tab tool 4.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Dude, helluva an idea. I got about a 100 of those laying around. I gotta go buy a bunch of body clips since I break them every time I pull the fender liner/grill/shroud etc off. Biggest pain in the ass. That looks like a much better way off pulling them out instead of using a screwdriver and pliers...

Jduramax

Jul 8, 2009
hampton NB canada
You can call it Redneck or Ghetto or whatever... but it works good without tearing up the clips. Oh yeah, its FREE!!!

It's simple. I used two 1 gallon paint can lid openers that you can get at any store. I placed the two lid openers in a vice, making sure they were aligned at the ends, and simply wound small gage wire tightly around the bottle opener end. Simple and FREE.

jc
nothing redneck about that.........simple and very smart.

sr23det

Oct 1, 2009
x2!!!!!!!!! aslong as it works properly its good to go. anyone have extras laying around to give away for free? i'll pp postage fee's. i think a regular evelope postage is more than enough for it.

jc64

Sep 29, 2006
Oregon
Most all stores who sell paint give them away for free. Just ask the next time you are at a store, they should be happy to give you two.

jc