Rear mount fuel tank part #

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
Don't know the dimensions. sorry.

As for the Titan Tank, or any like it. It's pretty easy. No fab work necessary. And uses the factory plumbing. Just remove old tank, take out sending unit. Then reinstall in reverse. The hardest part for me was getting the mounting flange for the sending unit on my titan tank to install. Bolts didn't line up like they should have. Nothing a big hammer didn't fix tho.:D The Titans and TransferFlow tanks are direct replacement. But BIGGER. Titan claims 52 Gal. for the shortbeds T/F claim 45 or 48 I think. I think the Titan LB tanks are 65 Gal.

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
Don't know the dimensions. sorry.

As for the Titan Tank, or any like it. It's pretty easy. No fab work necessary. And uses the factory plumbing. Just remove old tank, take out sending unit. Then reinstall in reverse. The hardest part for me was getting the mounting flange for the sending unit on my titan tank to install. Bolts didn't line up like they should have. Nothing a big hammer didn't fix tho.:D The Titans and TransferFlow tanks are direct replacement. But BIGGER. Titan claims 52 Gal. for the shortbeds T/F claim 45 or 48 I think. I think the Titan LB tanks are 65 Gal.

I still can't believe GM only put a 26 gal tank in these trucks, anyway. Thanks for the info. I wasn't looking for another option but this thread came up and figured i'd ask some questions. I'll prolly get the Titan tank whenever I get around to it. I have to get a lift pump first and hopefully do both at the time. I'm think i'll have some low fuel issues with the LP and was looking into doing a sump type feed. Should I worry about that or hook up the LP to the factory unit on top of the tank?

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
From what I have read, if you get the AirDog II then you can hook it up to the factory setup. No Mods. I think the others are recommended to use the sump feed line (whatever it's called) to prevent the 1/4 tank issue. Having a brain fart right now. Some people have issues, some don't.

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
Time to resurrect an old idea. I just bought a new tank for the rear of the truck! $100 off craigslist for a 36 gal baffled aluminum tank! Now I just have to put fittings in the front on the bottom to work kinda like a sump. Then I just have to mod the sending unit hole to accept the factory fuel level sender. I'll be pulling the spare tire crossmember in favor of two new tube ones that the new tank will sit between. I'll be turning both shocks around to mount to the new front crossmember and mounting my airdog right in front of the tank. While I'm at it, I'm gonna put a single exhaust stack under the truck as a straight pipe. Should be loud enough to piss off the neighbors! :D This will probably take a while but I'll update as I go.:thumb:
newtank.jpg