LBZ: P003a

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
I never did a relearn on my turbo when I replaced the sensor and also on a complete turbo swap. I read on a GM service document that after so many key cycles the vains will learn themselves. Worked for me.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I never did a relearn on my turbo when I replaced the sensor and also on a complete turbo swap. I read on a GM service document that after so many key cycles the vains will learn themselves. Worked for me.

Ya problem is I swapped in a known working VPS last night and problem still persists... Per an idea from a good buddy I changed the tune to command 90% vain position at all times and the vain % did not correlate. Under normal driving conditions VPS also does not follow the commanded parameters in the tune. This is a BD Quick spool or something modded VVT and the issues started right after install.

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
Did you log the vanse sensor position with it removed but still hooked up using EFI Live?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ya problem is I swapped in a known working VPS last night and problem still persists... Per an idea from a good buddy I changed the tune to command 90% vain position at all times and the vain % did not correlate. Under normal driving conditions VPS also does not follow the commanded parameters in the tune. This is a BD Quick spool or something modded VVT and the issues started right after install.

whats the most you can see the veins move? might have some stuck ones in there

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Why do you guys continue to unroll the "unwelcome mat" for new members here? Why?
Keep it up and the site will die. Is that what you want?

This may be a dead thread. Do I need something to view the links?

Im not for sure, but I think you have to have 5 posts minimum. Please dont spam the site to get them.
If you look down the forum, see the TSB section? Look in the GM Specs area, LBZ section. Search for the code, and also "turbocharger learn" -- those are the two threads in question.