One piece driveshaft

jpowel29

Feb 1, 2008
Bentonville, Arkansas
Who makes a good quality one pc driveshaft to replace the 2pc/carrier bearing design on our trucks? I have used Mark Williams in the past for drag cars but I was thinking of going aluminum. My carrier bearing is shot and I was wanting to replace the whole mess with a nice single shaft before I go to TS in May. Anyone have any experience with this swap?

I have seen/heard the Driveline Shop in Springfield, Mo. mentioned on TV before. They are close by so I may give them a shout

joeyrod3086

Jun 13, 2009
New Jersey
Just did my carrier bearing and u joints. Now i need to get it balanced. I have a nasty vibration coming from somewhere back there had it before i did the work now its ten times worse anything over 40mph is a nightmare. I think im going to Mr. Drive Shaft in farmingdale NJ see if we can figure it out. He also does the can make the one piece if it comes down to it.

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
There is no better guy than Mark Petros at Greensburg Driveline. He knows truck driveline better than any I can think of. He does driveline for Haisley and many others including me. He is a truck puller also. He can help you and he will not sell you stuff you do not need. http://www.greensburgmachine.com/

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
Mines a EC/SB :confused:

My bad those trucks I listed and 2wd trucks. Other than the crew cab long boxes, GM really had no rhyme or reason when it comes to driveshafts. Its a big mismatch of 2 peice and 1 piece shafts, and steel or aluminum. Seems to be they prolly threw away alot of money switching stuff up to change driveshafts all the time though.