LB7: Oil Pressure Switch

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
I'm baffled! It's only been a month since disassemble,but is there a difference in where the o.p. switch mounts between a LB7 and a LBZ?

Last edited:

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee
Unfortunately I can't help you with your original question. However, you might be able to help me. I think I am having trouble with my oil pressure switch. Would you mind taking a picture of its location so I know what I am looking for and where? I would appreciate it.

dmaxalliTech

Shop Rat
Aug 28, 2006
The oil pressure switch on the 01 and 02 years mounts on a standoff at the front of the block on the drivers side, just behind the p/s pump.

The 03 to current years, it mounts on the drivers side of the block just fore of the oil cooler assembly, screws directly into the oil galley.

dmaxalliTech

Shop Rat
Aug 28, 2006
Nope, your not nuts. You can move the oil pressure switch back one plug though, I seem to remember a longer standoff from GM, but its been a while, so I could be mistaken

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
You dont need the standoff FWIW you can simply screw the sensor from a 01-02 into the block However they are wired different and wont connect to the harness of a 03+ harness

Im not really sure what your trying to do but any sensor can be made to work with enough thought and it doesnt really matter where you install it aslong as it is reading pressure:) worst case you get a bushing or adapter

Last edited: