LB7: Oh crap!!!!!

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
new ecm

Well,I gave up on trying to fix my ecm and got a new one and of course STILL no start.Just figured out how to change the vin and reset the vats but the new ecm still has the old os and I guess that's why it wont start,Did I waste a vin on my fried ecm and will I need to buy a new one?Also before I f#&@ed up I saved my stock tune(thank Christ)so if I get a new vin can I full flash my stock tune over the one in the new ecm?Thank's for all the help everyone has given with this mess and will not be forgotten.:hug:

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
efi live versions

No, firmware and bootblock do not need to match. Your firmware and boot block are running the latest public release from November 2013. You didn't list your v7 and v8 version numbers.

To reprogram your controllers and PIDs, this thread is a good guide on how to setup your device.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=20699

Cheers
Cindy

Sorry for the delay Cindy,The v8 is 2.2 build 237 and the v7.5 is 5.7 build 245.Took me a while to find them and thanks for the reply.Think I need a new license for the replacement ecm but not sure.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Follow the steps that Cindy gave me on page 2. They will give you another licence if you can prove to them you lost it.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Thanks nemax,will do.I think all I need to do at this point is full flash my stock tune into the new ecm and should run.Will a different os work or does it need the same as I started with,new ecm has 15166853.mine is 15186006.Is this what is causing the no start?

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Thanks nemax,will do.I think all I need to do at this point is full flash my stock tune into the new ecm and should run.Will a different os work or does it need the same as I started with,new ecm has 15166853.mine is 15186006.Is this what is causing the no start?

I believe the security feature and the non matching vins is causing the no start. A lot of guys run the updated 15186006 on the 01-02s.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
I was able to change the vin in the new ecm to my vin and reset the vats but still no start.how do I change the os back to the 6006 that I started with and do I need a new vin to do that?

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
A license is locked to a ecm. Not a truck. So when your ecm takes a crap you loose the license. I got a clean 15186006 stock file on hand if you need it.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
HOLY MARRY MOTHER OF ****,IT RUNS:woott:.I changed the vin and reset the vats,what I did not think of is when everything took a shit I lost rail pressure so I had no fuel,i primed,cranked and it sputtered and then I knew I had it.Im still not sure about the os,i think it has the new one still.When I bought my v2 I read the learning curve is steep but I didn't realise it was a vertical climb.I lost a license and an ecm but I learned so much doing it.I want to thank everyone that helped because I wouldn't have learned anything without you.I think il buy some tunes next time!!!:hug:

Last edited:
Thank's harbin22,Wonderin if I can retrieve my license that I wasted on the old ecm.

Your software is up to date. Lb7 ECMs are flaky at best and even fail with dealership tools.

Vin licenses are tied to the ECMs serial number, so even though it's on the same vehicle, because the serial number is different a new license is required.

You can request a replacement license using the process described earlier in this thread. You will need to log a support ticket along with the tune file and error log file.

Cheers
Cindy