Noob to the duramax

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
I'd consider putting a new set of injectors in it with the high pressure lines and fix it properly. Judging by the pics if you fix one thing there is a few more that will pop up.

GreasemonkeyHD

Aug 27, 2021
Could be, I'd take it off and pull that Injector out to see. If there isn't a hold down bolt in there where it should be I bet the hole stripped or the bolt is broke off. Pull that injector and see what is going on in there, pickup a new copper crush gasket and o ring.
I would like to figure out the problem to make it run right first

GreasemonkeyHD

Aug 27, 2021
I'd consider putting a new set of injectors in it with the high pressure lines and fix it properly. Judging by the pics if you fix one thing there is a few more that will pop up.
I've considered that but I would like to make sure the injectors are indeed the problem first

GreasemonkeyHD

Aug 27, 2021
I replaced #5 injector connector today and little no difference. I have checked the wires on the bracket above the ficm and can't find any bare wires. It goes like this every time I start it, I've done this numerous times. Can't even get it to run up to full operating temp. I fire it up and it misfires on one cylinder very bad and smokes raw fuel smoke. Balance rate reading high on 4 and 5 no cel light or codes. About 10 minutes in it will start to hit on the dead cylinder on and off. After 15 minutes it will run smooth and smoke almost completely gone. Then give it a few revs and it sounds good, a few more minutes go by give it another Rev or two then tractor mode and either 1,6, or 8 injector control circuit codes. Only one code at a time