next step up is... what?

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
I have one of Mikes 4's, great trans. I would call him and ask but that's like stopping the worlds rotation, he is ALWAYS busy, phone ringing off the hook, customers walking in, parts delivery etc etc. I don't wanna bother him with trivial. Much respect for a workin' man, no malice intended.

What's the next step? I see full billet? I see billet input and output? I see different valvebodies, C-3 oilers? etc etc.

What's worth the money and what's a waste? This is currently a street/strip truck headed for serious strip and scary street.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
You never bother me. Call anytime. C3 oiler is a good mod and so is a cooler. Shafts are not necessary unless you abuse your trans.

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Thanks for being cordial Mike.

I don't abuse the trans that i know of:eek:, perhaps you can learn me regarding abuse for the "ally"? I have about 500 hp, i launch in 4 hi (researching for alternate 4 wheel option, denali?? ) with 3-6 pounds of boost, i try and get to boost quickly 2-4 seconds and "off the converter" as fast as possible. I don't drop it out of OD on the freeway at 80mph, i don't stomp it in the morning, i try and keep it under 200 degrees and i change fluid (all of it) every 15k. I run a '01 TCM tune which feels very conservative.

Trying not to Bullsh*t/brag with the next statement... I remain humble. The next motor will abuse the trans, I simply want it to have the best chance of survival. Same theory i used when you built the first one for me. prior, proper, prep, prevents...

Sheez, I type to slow. I'll call you.

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Thanks Mike,

Input and Output shafts, C-3 oiler and the cooler on top of your #4. We will reuse all the other existing internals. Understood.

We'll do it in December and January when i have the motor out.

Called Nathan, he was busy said he'd call me back later. Thanks for the contact info.