LB7: New injectors

1chevy02

Jun 23, 2009
Got my new injectors installed :D I ended up replacing the high pressure lines on cylinder #8 and #6. The others cleaned up nicely with a #8 glass bead blasting media! I sealed the lines with some silicone to keep the water out. The job wasn't to bad except the stealer who did them previously had stripped the valve cover bolt right next to the firewall on the passenger side:mad: I ended up having to remove the a/c dryer to gain access to get it out and then having to revac and refill the a/c. It runs awesome! Hopefully these latest revisions with the newest fuel filters will get them to last. I got 165,000 out of my original set but only 32,000 out of the 05 revision. I did have my cp3 crap out on me and my batteries go bad on me. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Anybody have any feedback from the latest revision?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
In 08 they did the latest revision which mainly included revising the seats. They are now a chromed/hardened seat that will help with seat erosion. Your 05 versions would have had the same type seats as the original OEMs. Hopefully everything will last a good long time for you now.

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
Good info, is there any way to tell the difference between revisions while comparing injectors side by side?