New guy- spark plug options for a LBZ.....

DirtyG

Mar 25, 2020
Chicago Southland
Don't flame me! The spark plug thing was just to get people to come say hi lol. I used to work on specialized heavy equipment for railroad construction (diesel obviously) but now I'm a railroad conductor in the Chicago area. Recently totaled my 01 Cummins and replaced it with a LBZ DirtyMAX. Came with a dsp5 switch and efilive but the dealer that took it in on trade didnt know that so I got a decent deal lol. The ****er gets up Here to gain some knowledge and maybe meet some locals. I need to rebuild the front end since it pulls so hard to the left when I launch in 4wd that I damn near wreck the thing hahaha. I see that dead horse has been beaten several times so I won't ask until I've thoroughly used the search option, although there seems to be a lot of conflicting info on the subject. But, show me an automotive forum where there isn't more than one school of thought on EVERY topic. Came from the AWD turbo gas world before I got my Cummins and wrecked it, so I know a little here and there but am not a guru by any means. Anyway, thanks for reading, I'll be around.... .

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Uh huh, ok. ;) Hopefully the trans has been built so it'll handle the power, otherwise your fun will be short-lived.

Welcome to DD.

DirtyG

Mar 25, 2020
Chicago Southland
Well I call it a dirty becuuse I used to have a Cummins and that what a lot of people I know called them. But I actually like the DURAmax much better. I guess people are sensitive about the DirtyMAX thing. Oh well. Like I said I'm fairly new to the performance diesel world- used to tuning awd turbo gas cars.

And I have no idea if the trans has been built. I hope so too. Weather in the Chicago area has been shit so I've only done a little poking around. Any tips to see if MAYBE the trans has had work? The guy who built the drag race trans for my Talon used to stamp them, IDK if anyone else does something like that. I'll at least check around for sig6that it's been removed,
but that doesn't mean performance rebuild if it's been tinkered with. Shifts like a dream at 154k even when I'm hauling a$$ with the dsp5 on 5. Hopefully it's not short lived because I just ordered a front end rebuild kit, cts2 monitor with egt probe and map sensor for higher boost. Don't have the money for a new trans and torque converter, but that will probably come next.

DirtyG

Mar 25, 2020
Chicago Southland
And if the dirty offends people too much, I'd happily have a moderator change it to DMaxG if they were so inclined to do so. :thumb: Then we can all be friends lol :hug: