LB7: need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
went into the woods tonight and parked my truck unloaded all my wood with my truck running(fine) moved the truck up about 4ft and truck started missing and at idle it sounds like a 7.3 when its cold:( and wont go over 2000rpm even after i reset those weird codes and returned it to stock but fuel injector rates looked good and nothing fluctuated but the desired/vs actual rail pressure was all over the place had to drive about 20 miles at 50mph:mad:

motor does not sounds happy in anyway sounds like a bunch of bent rods

any help i appreciate in advance i tried to pull codes but nothing came up but tho 6c5b things

thanks again for the future help!:(

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
bump drove threw a couple puddles and ruts could anything have gotten wet

anyone please? thanks in advance

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
here are the codes i am getting some of them atleast..

484d
5e64
6a70
767c
8e94
9aa0
a6ac
b2b8
bec4
cado

actual fuel pressure 6000-6300(fluctuating everywhere) and desired is 5900

all balance rates are fluctuating but dont go past 2.5 fluctuating in the same way

should i assume this is a stuck or broken fprv or fuel rail sensor?

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
I dont think its the relief valve (FPRV) however, it could be the regulator (FPR). Check with the scan tool and see if the actual follows th desired pressure when you rev the engine. Should stay within a few hundred PSI, and yes they bounce around alot. If nothing else, take apart and take a heat gun to the main harness connectors, could be wet i suppose.

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
let teh truck sit overnight and woke up this morning and still the same thing i will go check to see if the desired vs actual stay together as i rev it but it will only go to 2k unless i clear those codes, then they come right back again

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I dont think its the relief valve (FPRV) however, it could be the regulator (FPR). Check with the scan tool and see if the actual follows th desired pressure when you rev the engine. Should stay within a few hundred PSI, and yes they bounce around alot. If nothing else, take apart and take a heat gun to the main harness connectors, could be wet i suppose.

Oops, thats what I meant FPR fuel pressure regulator...

Spareparts the regulator is on the top backside of your cp3 pump. You can unplug it, the fuel pressure should go to max. I would check this connector & the bale connectors for moisture.

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
went outside and revved it up to 2k desired went up to 9000 and actual stay at 6000

Does the actual move much at all? I would be looking at the rail pressure sensor as well, it is on the junction block where the fuel line splits from the cp3 to the fuel rails.

Also, like burn down said, check the bail connectors for moisture for sure.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Just throwing this out there, but could you simply have gotten something wet that shouldnt have. Have you checked the wiring to the ECM?