LBZ: Need assistance

manik

Aug 30, 2016
I need a bit of help figuring out what this leak is. I know it is coolant, but, from what I've seen on the old interweb, usually when a coolant pump leaks it's more towards the center of the engine, say net the harmonic balance. This is on the drivers side, above and behind where the lower radiator hose attaches. It appears to be some piping that runs to the rear of the engine. To where exactly, that has yet to be determined. The attachment point has what appears to be 2 studs in an aluminum housing that is obviously gasketed and attached to the pipe I mentioned earlier. No leaks anywhere else that I can find. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
67abe60052c35ae8d0de754d344d5619.jpg

Hope the pic helps.

Bubba.....

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
The area your describing sounds like typical water pump leak out the weep hole. And even if it is that pipe pictured you will have to remove the water pump housing from it anyway. So you will be replacing that gasket at the same time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

manik

Aug 30, 2016
That was what I thought. I appreciate the affirmation. Guess that'll get done this weekend.

Bubba.....

ironmax

chock full of goodies
Jul 7, 2010
Col. Ohio
There's a nice write-up on here, search button should locate it for ya

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

manik

Aug 30, 2016
You've been had!! I have personally never replaced a coolant pump on a Duramax, but, I can spin a wrench and am not afraid to give it a shot!!
I've seen the cost of the pump from like $75 up to $200.

Bubba.....