Mouse in cab

vzfarms

Mar 8, 2010
near Dayton, Ohio
I have always parked my trucks in my barn at my house, and yes I do live in a corn field so I know I have mice nearby but my barn has never had an issue with mice in it. I parked my 2015 inside as usual, (not more than a week on end) and I have had mice under the hood. Once i noticed walnut shells on the top of the motor I put a bunch of bait down and put fresh cab under the hood (rodent repeller). Waited a week or so and put my truck back inside. Yesterday I noticed it smells like I have a dead mouse under my center console! Never had one make it inside any truck before! No food or anything inside. What should I do now? I feel there shouldnt be any openings for mice to get into the cab. Not in the HVAC system either. Should I make the dealer tear apart the interior and find out where they are getting in at?

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I have always parked my trucks in my barn at my house, and yes I do live in a corn field so I know I have mice nearby but my barn has never had an issue with mice in it. I parked my 2015 inside as usual, (not more than a week on end) and I have had mice under the hood. Once i noticed walnut shells on the top of the motor I put a bunch of bait down and put fresh cab under the hood (rodent repeller). Waited a week or so and put my truck back inside. Yesterday I noticed it smells like I have a dead mouse under my center console! Never had one make it inside any truck before! No food or anything inside. What should I do now? I feel there shouldnt be any openings for mice to get into the cab. Not in the HVAC system either. Should I make the dealer tear apart the interior and find out where they are getting in at?
That probably won't get u anywhere they can fit through anything. I know they hate dryer sheets. And mouse traps lol

vzfarms

Mar 8, 2010
near Dayton, Ohio
yeah those bastards can fit through a small hole. just makes me irate that they are in a new truck. I can understand under the hood but in the cab is crazy to me. I have not even made any holes for aftermarket stuff either. I have to find the damn thing to keep the smell from getting worse

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
yeah those bastards can fit through a small hole. just makes me irate that they are in a new truck. I can understand under the hood but in the cab is crazy to me. I have not even made any holes for aftermarket stuff either. I have to find the damn thing to keep the smell from getting worse
Turn ur vents on and see if it gets worse. Is start there could be radiating up through the vents

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Almost every time they get into the cab through the cowl and then through the blower motor, if you drive the truck enough that's usually as far as they get. At work I've pulled at least 2-3 dozen mice and squirrels out of blower motors that spun them to death.

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Look for some FreshCab, put it under your hood and all around the inside of your shop. Some farmers told me about it and I've used it in my camper ever since with great results.

Corey

vzfarms

Mar 8, 2010
near Dayton, Ohio
I've got fresh cab in the cab now as a last resort. Taking it to the dealer Wednesday to let them find it. Service guy said they may have left a plug or grommet out or one popped out. He said past HVAC they should never make it in the cab

califxr

Califxr
Sep 23, 2015
Near Los Angeles
Where exactly is the outside air intake for HVAC. I did the cabin filter retrofit yesterday on my 2010 Sierra and was surprised how little debris was in there after 11yrs. Id like to inspect intake> Is there a filter or screen for the outside air?