Motec vs Bosch

nskyline34

Nov 27, 2010
Seattle
Hey Guys, I currently have a Bosch ECM for my LBZ project but I'm really worried about the user interface with tuning the Bosch - not to mention you need to buy all Bosch sensors and I dont want to have to bring a spare of everything to the track. The Motec looks like it will do all of the same stuff I want it to (control the engine as well as traction control) and it allows you to use stock sensors too.

I'm wondering how many of you have tried the Motec or the Bosch and what your thoughts were?

At a high level they both have the ability to do everything I want - and frankly I think the Bosch is more capable, but its worthless to me if I have to hire someone to tune it all the time. I'd rather something that's capable of doing the job perfectly fine, but has a good user interface and a lot of support with how to tune.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

buick455

Sep 26, 2010
I'm interested in this as well. I also wonder if anyone has used either with an Allison? Assuming the Allison would have to be stand alone at that point.

nskyline34

Nov 27, 2010
Seattle
I'm interested in this as well. I also wonder if anyone has used either with an Allison? Assuming the Allison would have to be stand alone at that point.

I've got a liberty that's shifted with air so I'm not sure how the Alli would work - would be really interesting though.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Sorry I'm of no help. I know Mark Broviak has been around the Bosch system. Be interested to hear what he may also know about the Motec system, especially in comparison. I can't say I know of anyone running that system.

nskyline34

Nov 27, 2010
Seattle
Sorry I'm of no help. I know Mark Broviak has been around the Bosch system. Be interested to hear what he may also know about the Motec system, especially in comparison. I can't say I know of anyone running that system.

is there a way we can get ahold of him? Or tag him somehow to comment here? lol

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
is there a way we can get ahold of him? Or tag him somehow to comment here? lol

Give him a call at Danville Performance or shoot him a private message on here. They are a site vendor. Personally I think a private message may be the easiest method as it will allow you to keep coming back to it to reference.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I use the both the Bosch 15.1 and the New 25Sport standalone systems and absolutely love them for the full control and endless data that can be collected. I have zero experience with the motec stuff unfortunately. The Bosch stuff isn't cheap but when you are doing epic shit you really do need to have a system that will do everything you need it to and need it to work flawlessly! My email is [email protected] if you have anymore questions that I can help you with directly on this matter or you can put them up here also, doesn't matter to me. I will give you this advice on the subject though, whatever you decide to go with make sure to pick a company that will support the product 150% and can answer all your questions and will make sure it works as advertised because I have personally seen way too many times that the better deal ends up costing you way more in the end. I have gotten to the point now where I tell people that I will not fix someone else's mess because it is too much of a headache and not worth the hassle at the end of the day because 9 out of 10 times at this point the customer really doesn't want to spend what it takes to correct the situation and they aren't happy with anything at that point. I've been called everything but white for this approach but at the end of the day I didn't sell them the stuff that didn't work as advertised and I didn't leave them hanging on it, I just refused to clean up someone else's mess. Hope this all helps out in any way and sorry for climbing on my soap box here.:hug:

Reactions: heathgu