Monitoring engine

gastan

Aug 28, 2019
Portland OR metro
This forum section lists gauges in its title so hope I am in the right place.

I just added an Edge Insight CS2 to the truck. Most of the things it monitors are familiar - - Oil pressure/temp, coolant temp, battery voltage, etc.. But some are foreign to a complete diesel noob like me. Even when I research (google) something like turbo boost or air flow and think I am beginning to understand things I still have no idea what the normal ranges are for those items. What is the normal range for turbo boost? What numbers are normal for intake air pressure? What is a dangerous number for the EGT's?

Is there anywhere that that info can be found in one place - - a sticky somewhere? I have picked up some info after reading thru dozens of post and finally finding one where the author says something like, "the normal range for ___ is ___", but it is tedious and time consuming.

I know that the things Edge monitors varies according to truck brand/model/engine. I also understand that numbers would change depending on mods or add-ons. But is there anywhere you can find the base (stock truck) normal range for the different parameters (and what it means if the values go up or down)?

For me, for example, I could monitor turbo boost or vane position or manifold abs pressure but I really have no idea what the normal numbers should be to start with so I have no idea what it means if they change. I hope I've made myself clear. Thanks for any answers.