mitusa lift pump

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I emailed opie awhile back but had alot going on and my truck was down. Are these still available? i thought i saved the emails from him but i didnt. Since im going to switch my lift pump im very interested in one of these over a fass or airdog setup if i can get one.

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
Can't Kennedy tailor fit your lift pump needs better than AD? He will tell you how to wire and hook it where AD just says do it. His service seems right too. Just see more that don't have issues with K's than AD's.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I will check out aeromotive thanks. Kennedys pump work great they just don't flow enough fuel anymore. I only hold 1 to 2 psi at 2 WOT.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Thats the way I see it, anything over vacuum should be suficient
According to wicked diesel info we should hold at least 15-20 psi at WOT at the cp3. I trust his information. This is why I would like a mitusa since its rpm referenced. My ficm is dry so I can run whatever inlet pressure I can. I have some experimenting I want to do but I need a lift pump to keep up.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Go with an ADII-165gph pump.

Not being a pump expert I can't say whether or not 15-20 psi is correct or not at WOT, what I can tell you is if you log rail psi and it isn't dropping below the desired then the CP3 is maintaining enough fuel pressure and therefore enough fuel is getting to it regardless if it is 1-2 psi at WOT or 15.

If you are a single CP3 truck there are limitations, even some dual CP3 trucks overtax the fuel system at times, most of it is a supply issue, over-sizing the feed lines and separate feed lines in a dual CP3's usually help as the larger lines provide more volume even at a lower pressure.

;)

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I don't know why people still want to run the old technology of a belt drive pump. :confused:
There are a couple pumps out there that put out just as much or maybe more and take up alot less room and are much more efficient. Fuelab would get my vote for anyone needing more than a Fass or AD can supply. After seeing how the one we put on Abby works, and all the different filtration options that they have as well, I'm sold.
Aeromotive would also be a good candidate as well but I have no experience with them.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I was looking at the ad165 along with a few others. I just liked the belt driven pump because it is rpm referenced. Im working on changing around a bunch of fuel lines when it gets warmer along with changing lift pumps. I changed some of them when I changed turbo but never finished. I will look at fuelabs but I have a feeling its more then I need with a single cp3

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
The Fuel Labs pumps are brushless, two speed motors and their pressure regs can be boost referenced which IMO is better then engine speed referenced via a belt. More RPM doesn't always equal more load and fuel required. Boost is most certainly a better reference for load and fuel requirements. You can also run a pwm control and control the speed of the pump in relation to the fuel needs.

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
The Fuel Labs pumps are brushless, two speed motors and their pressure regs can be boost referenced which IMO is better then engine speed referenced via a belt. More RPM doesn't always equal more load and fuel required. Boost is most certainly a better reference for load and fuel requirements. You can also run a pwm control and control the speed of the pump in relation to the fuel needs.

x2

Fuel labs makes some nice stuff... so does Magnafuel. I like Aeromotive ok but there has been reports of some of their pumps having issues with diesel. A lot of their big pumps like the A1000 I put on my car require their stupid $250+ controller to keep the duty cycles down during easy driving so the pump doesn't burn up. I don't run one of those and they say without it you shouldn't drive more than 30 min at a time.... just something to keep in mind with those...

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
Go with an ADII-165gph pump.

If you are a single CP3 truck there are limitations, even some dual CP3 trucks overtax the fuel system at times, most of it is a supply issue, over-sizing the feed lines and separate feed lines in a dual CP3's usually help as the larger lines provide more volume even at a lower pressure.

;)

It's that thinking that has me considering going to a 5/8 line when I do something about my CP3's