Meet my 2002 Silverado Crew Cab LB7

GcmBoy217

Sep 10, 2020
I've had this truck for about 3 years now. Put some good miles on her and slowly adding mods as I go. Never really had major problems besides the old fuel pressure regulator.

I'm planning on getting new injectors because I'm starting to see a little haze occasionally from my exhaust. She runs a tad rough depending on the weather but nothing major. Probably gonna be going with S&S or Lincoln Diesel Specialties 45% SAC style injectors. While I'm doing these I was planning on upping the CP3 as well.

Anyone got any opinions on stroker CP3s(specifically Fleece's 10mm)? Been told they don't last very long and are prone to fail earlier than what stock would. I've been told a dual fueler with stock pumps will provide the power/fueling and longevity I'm looking for. Any notes and opinions on this would be welcome!

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Get a quality injector (Flux Diesel, Exergy, S&S, Dan's Diesel, LDS etc) in your desired output and a pump to match and you should be golden. For a SAC45% a 10mm is a great option and I would personally prefer that over dual pumps simply to cut down on clutter/plumbing. A quality 10mm (Fleece, Industrial, Exergy, S&S etc) will live a long life in your application. I'm not the biggest fan of anything from Industrial Injection except their pumps, they seem to do a good job on them and have been reliable in the ones I've used/customers have used.

Reactions: GcmBoy217

GcmBoy217

Sep 10, 2020
Get a quality injector (Flux Diesel, Exergy, S&S, Dan's Diesel, LDS etc) in your desired output and a pump to match and you should be golden. For a SAC45% a 10mm is a great option and I would personally prefer that over dual pumps simply to cut down on clutter/plumbing. A quality 10mm (Fleece, Industrial, Exergy, S&S etc) will live a long life in your application. I'm not the biggest fan of anything from Industrial Injection except their pumps, they seem to do a good job on them and have been reliable in the ones I've used/customers have used.

Yeah I think that's what I'm gonna go with. I've had a few people tell me that stroker CP3s don't last long and one guy said they only go about 30,000 miles.

I also think I've decided on Lincoln Diesel injectors because of their 3 year unlimited mile warranty. I've heard great things about S&S but LDS's are a couple hundred cheaper and the warranty is better.

I appreciate the response!

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Yeah I think that's what I'm gonna go with. I've had a few people tell me that stroker CP3s don't last long and one guy said they only go about 30,000 miles.

I also think I've decided on Lincoln Diesel injectors because of their 3 year unlimited mile warranty. I've heard great things about S&S but LDS's are a couple hundred cheaper and the warranty is better.

I appreciate the response!

There are other companies out there with longer warranties than 3yrs if that’s your #1 priority. Any of the manufacturers I listed will easily last that long/longer, especially if you run decent quality fuel.

I ran a used stroker 10mm for ~40k miles and it’s still ticking in a friends truck. It had ~20k on it when I bought it. The smaller stroker pumps are damn reliable. Where failure seems to happen is the 14mm but even then I haven’t seen a ton of reports of failure but trucks running 14mm pumps also aren’t racking on the miles.

KRODMAX/KS

It'll be alright
Jul 27, 2017
Oz
My Exergy 10mm stroker has over 100k, still running strong. Stay on top of your fuel filter changes and fuel at high volume stations and it'll last. My unit is four years old with 45% injectors also.

Last edited:

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
Years ago when the stroker pumps were first popping up i would agree with you they weren't lasting very long. Theyve come along way since. I got a truck running around with over 100k miles on a 10mm from exergy