lowering t- bars

turbo-max

WaaaZaaaa
Aug 9, 2006
Tampa, FloriDUH
how does one go about this? and how much should i go,or will be safe to lower? i have tie rod sleeves and clamped the front of my springs to cut down on wheel hop...need help with tips as i plan to goto the strip on the 26th :)

brewmax

Aug 6, 2006
fallow the t-bar to near the rear of the tranny, and youll see an adjusting bolt that is in the middle of the cross-member. you loosen it to let the frontend down and tighten it to raise it. keep track of how many turns you lower it so you can get it back up to the correct highth when your finished racing. theres one for the left and one for the right

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Be sure to jack the truck up when adj, the bars so you dont take the chance of striping the bolt, plus its easier to turn!

i used a chisel to put a mark on the bolt and on the crosmember so as long as i remember how many turns i turned them i'm sure to get them back in the right spot!!!

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
05_LLY said:
Be sure to jack the truck up when adj, the bars so you dont take the chance of striping the bolt, plus its easier to turn!

i used a chisel to put a mark on the bolt and on the crosmember so as long as i remember how many turns i turned them i'm sure to get them back in the right spot!!!
I took my bolts right out and put washers on them so i go to that same hieght everytime i also marked with a chisel and count the turns
also put antisieze on the bolts ive never jacked the truck but its probbally a good idea

brewmax

Aug 6, 2006
sweetdiesel said:
I took my bolts right out and put washers on them so i go to that same hieght everytime i also marked with a chisel and count the turns
also put antisieze on the bolts ive never jacked the truck but its probbally a good idea

good idea, i broke one off on a 01 that i used to have:)

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
brewmax said:
good idea, i broke one off on a 01 that i used to have:)
just thinking about the jack, you could also use a 2 jaw gear puller
this is what i used when putting my lift on, its smaller than haveing a jack
and worked great, just another thought:)

NemesisDP

Apr 20, 2008
Bloomfield New Mexico
On th e 02 they are backed all the way down, is this bad for every day driving? Hasn't worn the tires at all suprisingly. Was going to take it to get it alined but havn't had the time.