LB7: Loss of prime

Cakes

Mar 14, 2014
Vegas
Hey Everyone!

First time post here, not new to the site though as I've been on here reading through a ton of posts over the months for just about anything. Glad to finally be apart of the forums.

I have a slightly unique loss of prime issue, from what I've been able to search for it doesn't seem like anyone experienced my problem.

If the truck has been sitting for over 30 minutes or so, the truck will run and die after about 5 - 10 seconds. Once primed I can run the truck all I want to, stop and start all I want to, no issues/stalling but once I turn the truck off for awhile I come back to a short running duration before needing prime again. I have rebuilt the filter head myself and also had UDP rebuild it thinking I did it wrong, they have also replaced the fuel lines post filter head. While it was there they threw pressure in it to see if it was leaking anywhere but couldn't source. This all started after a fuel filter change, I use the UDP CAT adapter and all has been well until it was time to change the filter. Been dealing with this problem for a couple months now and its just becoming a nuisance.

I have an old kinda unused LLY filter head, was thinking about rebuilding it with the newer gaskets I have and grabbing longer fuel lines to see if a new head altogether will cure my problem but wanted to get a bit of advice. Maybe I'm missing something or maybe I'm on the right track, who knows.

Any and all thoughts are appreciated!