lockup box problems

6dot6

Jun 10, 2012
nj
ok here goes...

me and a buddy both bought boxes and installed them. he lives in texas and i live in nj. we followed the instructions dieselworks has on their webpage for the 6 speed. install is easy as cake, hardest part being working under the dash. so the issue: all wires hooked up properly i cant turn my truck off. neither can my friend. our trucks stay running with the key in our pocket. now my truck will shut off after about 10 seconds, however, i have it wired into same spot as airdog because i know its hot with the key, my airdog will power itself back on with the key out now. i have the ground directly to the battery so thats not an issue either. all the other wires are color matched and the white wire is going to brown wire plug side, black wire trans side. and red wire to the blue wire next to brown wire. so those are fine. inside cab under the dash, the blue wire goes to pin 5 blue on accell and purple to purple on brake. at this point i cut the pink wire, now it seems to be working OK. the pink wire it the wire that is supposed to be hot with key. some how some way this device seems to be working with the wire cut, not even hooked up at all. ive tried and tried to get in touch with ben. phone, text, message on couple forums, and i cant get ahold of him. hopefully he sees this. so as of now the box seems to be ok but i am a little scared about it because it seems to be getting power somewhere else. it already tried to backfeed the hot wire. who know what is going on. i havent tested the wires yet to see where the unknown power is coming from but still it shouldnt be like this i would imagine. anyone?

6dot6

Jun 10, 2012
nj
pmed on 2 different forums, called, texted. dont know how else to get ahold of him. :confused:

6dot6

Jun 10, 2012
nj
lol i dont need prayers. im sure hes a good guy and will get me going in right direction. overall im not really angry, just nervous that its not gonna melt my truck over night with some hot wire that could be heating up some harness right now. we will see, if i wake up and its still there and batteries are ok then i guess all is good some how.

6dot6

Jun 10, 2012
nj
ok so good news and bad. bad news being the box is just sitting idle. doesnt want to do anything after sitting over night. good news is i spoke with ben. he was easy going and is going to send me a box to swap and hopefully that helps. hopefully we can fix this, it fealt so good with the converter locked up runnin through the gears.

6dot6

Jun 10, 2012
nj
im wondering if because there is a random hot wire constantly that its triggering the duty cycle. when i get home im gonna unplug it and see if that works. just something to do while i wait.